WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

Registered
I鈥檇 rather be drinking whiskey.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up THE BEST (named) watch ever... The Mission to Uranus. Been following up with the local SWATCH store and after first being told, "not in stock" on the phone the guy said he actually did have one. I was hesitant to drive in as if it was a bait and switch I'd want to swing the guy but sure enough they had the watch and were turning other people away in front of me.

Watch Analog watch Clock Silver Watch accessory

I'm actually not sure still if this was the best or worst decision I've made so far in my watch collecting career.... 馃檭

Registered
Congratulations! I know it's not a traditional one, but I think having a Speedmaster in itself is a great acquisition. Hopefully it doesn't do any of the alleged shenanigans like breaking or staining on you, as many of the other forum posts claim.

Premium Member
In my opinion every collector should get one just to have it because they were/are so wildly popular (seemingly even to non-watch enthusiasts) which kind of makes it special in its own way. I will have no problem waiting as long as it takes until the honey moon phase is over and then I will get one once they are available online, or even better used for a lesser price. I will likely go for the Earth or Mercury or possibly the Moon, any of those 3 I'd be happy with.

Registered
The only thing stopping me from buying 1 (or 2 or 3) is that there isn't a Swatch store near me that has them.

Nice acquisition!

Reactions: MrFoo and Marmaduke

Premium Member
At the risk of being redundant here, I can't help but imagine the wording of the call:
"Yes, hello? I'd like a Mission to Uranus, please."

How does one place this call with a straight face?
I imagine it鈥檚 a common, serious call to Omega (and I鈥檇 be making the same call, if they had them is stock). Upon reflection, it does sound a little randy, doesn鈥檛 it鈥

Microphone Spokesperson Adaptation Suit White-collar worker

Registered
I鈥檇 rather be drinking whiskey.
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
At the risk of being redundant here, I can't help but imagine the wording of the call:
"Yes, hello? I'd like a Mission to Uranus, please."

How does one place this call with a straight face?
So that's how the call went... I asked if they had it... I was told, "no." So I then said, "Man... I really want a mission to Uranus. I mean, how can you NOT buy that watch. I need this thing... I'm not a flipper, I need Uranus on my wrist." So the guy was like, "Well... It's your lucky day. I actually do have one here, but please keep it on the down low." Not sure what I said in there that changed his mind about me but apparently I said something right... No way I'm spending $1,000 on an eBay version but for $280 or whatever it was with tax I'm a happy camper.

Registered
Congrats on the acquisition!

Nice! When the hullabaloo has calmed I'll be in for one.
Same! I don't have a Swatch Boutique (much less one of the one's stocking these physically) anywhere near me, but in 6 months, I'm going to find myself about 1 mile away from the NYC Times Square store - hopefully, half a year is sufficient time for Swatch to keep a steady stream of Mission to Mars rolling in :D

• Love
Reactions: Marmaduke

Registered
No stores near me, so I'm hoping these do show up online despite all the poor messaging from Swatch about that. I like Mars and the Moon.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts