WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always loved watches but before, it was mainly for the name or just the look. But recently I started to educate myself a little more on watches and manufacturers...annnnnd I've bought 3 watches in the past 2 weeks. lol

My current collection is at 9...good think I bought a dispay box too!

Here are the most recent purchases.

The Stuhrling is mechanical and keeps very accurate time...providing you wind it daily, the Croton is a birthday gift which I won't actually recieve till Sunday but its an automatic and uses swiss movements apparently and I just ordered the Hamilton with the rubber strap which we all know and love.

What do you guys think? Good choices?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Welcome! Love the Hamilton. Hard to find a better bang-for-buck watch.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Hi,

Congratulations on your choices, I really like them!

You already have a huge addiction, but you don't know it yet. Usually begins with a slight addiction but, over the time increases a lot, believe me, it happened to me too!

keep your credit cards far away...

With regards,
LM

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leoo, sure, I can post some real pics. Like I said though, the Croton I don't actually get till my birtday on Sunday...its a present from my kids and the Hamilton I just ordered. The Stuhrling I will post pics up of later. I'm in the office and in the testing lab so I don't actually have access to the pics here. But would be glad too. :)

As for the huge addiction LM, I think you're right. I don't know all the model numbers for all my older watches but here goes

Tissot: PR50 (leather strap)
Esquire: Not sure....white face, rectangular bezel, leather strap
Guess: not sure...its a dressy watch with a black face and a SS bracellet
Cartier: Roadmaster (gift)
Seiko: Unsure...grad gift from 20 years ago...SS and rose gold bracellet style
Guess: thick brown strap, brown face

and now the three newbies to my collection...I'm sure there will be many to come.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Leoo, sure, I can post some real pics. Like I said though, the Croton I don't actually get till my birtday on Sunday...its a present from my kids and the Hamilton I just ordered. The Stuhrling I will post pics up of later. I'm in the office and in the testing lab so I don't actually have access to the pics here. But would be glad too. :)

As for the huge addiction LM, I think you're right. I don't know all the model numbers for all my older watches but here goes

Tissot: PR50 (leather strap)
Esquire: Not sure....white face, rectangular bezel, leather strap
Guess: not sure...its a dressy watch with a black face and a SS bracellet
Cartier: Roadmaster (gift)
Seiko: Unsure...grad gift from 20 years ago...SS and rose gold bracellet style
Guess: thick brown strap, brown face

and now the three newbies to my collection...I'm sure there will be many to come.
Only 9 for now ... You tell me something when you reach to 30 (watches), as I have.

By the way, I'm a huge fan of Hamilton watches.

Regards,
LM

·
Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
8,687 Posts
Nice pieces! I especially like the Hammy. Don't worry about your so-called addiction. We'll do everything in our power to make it worse.

Regards,

Your friendly enabler Otto

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! I appreciate it! Although, i'm not sure my wife will. She's already told me that 3 in less than a month is enough...lol...I don't mind though...gives me some time to shop around and save up for the next one. heh

And for those who wanted a real pic of the Stuhrling...here it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just found a pic of my Tissot PR50...I really need a new strap though...can't decide if i'm going to stay black or put a brown with white stiching on it though...what do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yes it would appear that you may have a problem. I personally think this the best addiction one could have. Also one of the most expensive habits to get into. Lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hear ya on the addiction part. Never been much of a "watch guy" when I was younger but a lot has changed since my first Oris. Now I have a problem!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I got bit pretty hard by this hobby. I have finally stopped my purchases.

But I am eying one more quartz chrono graph with a new type of readout ...........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts