WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Browsing through my picture archive, I came across this:

Aside from a 1950s Bucherer, which I gave to a good friend (it's not pictured), this is what entered my "collection" last year. Kudos if you recognize them all.

Luckily, I'm completely clean this year, aside from a vintage Longines that was given to me.

I'd like to think that I'm not totally crazy, but this photo suggests otherwise. ;-)

·
Premium Member
21,864 Posts
If that's crazy, I don't want to be sane. :)

Is that a vintage Patek to the left of the white dialed Ralph Lauren?

·
Registered
15,462 Posts
I reserve judgment until I can see up close individual pics . . . .;-)

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The fourth one from the left is a Moeris 10 1/2 ligne from WWII era.

You can read the story behind it here : The Joy of a Vintage Watch Part II

The PP/AP is actually my 1931 Hamilton Cushion Engraved.

While I do love the RL Tourbillon, that is not my watch; it's my dad's. I'm always happy to post pictures, though.

I reserve judgment until I can see up close individual pics . . . .;-)

Ask and you shall receive. Here are the rest.

Here's the Bucherer. Felt good to hand this one over to its new owner. He loved it.

It was a very good year for watches.​

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
You know I LOVE the '31 Hamilton!............:p

·
Registered
9,471 Posts
whoa - what a stunning collection. I knew you had a couple incredible watches…. some vintage, some modern. But seeing them all in one place like that is still amazing.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Browsing through my picture archive, I came across this:

Aside from a 1950s Bucherer, which I gave to a good friend (it's not pictured), this is what entered my "collection" last year. Kudos if you recognize them all.

Luckily, I'm completely clean this year, aside from a vintage Longines that was given to me.

I'd like to think that I'm not totally crazy, but this photo suggests otherwise. ;-)
You do have a screw loose. You haven't acquired anything this year.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I love seeing your collection, it is so varied and thoughtful. I know I have seen pieces of it before but I never tire of it. The photos are fantastic. I think i am even more envious of the RS4, however :) I love that car.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I remember the zenith and the black bay. Everything else is new to me lol

Sent from my N9810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Plus I think I'm worse than you. Although my collection is a bit less expensive (the student life)

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
That 'screw loose' seems to be something contagious around these parts...one of the side effects is ending up with a great collection of watches.

·
Premium Member
66,518 Posts
I'm running at about 2 new watches per month in 2014 so I'm the last person to say whether someone has got a screw loose or not.

·
Registered
15,462 Posts
The fourth one from the left is a Moeris 10 1/2 ligne from WWII era.
You can read the story behind it here : The Joy of a Vintage Watch Part II
The PP/AP is actually my 1931 Hamilton Cushion Engraved.
While I do love the RL Tourbillon, that is not my watch; it's my dad's. I'm always happy to post pictures, though.
Ask and you shall receive. Here are the rest.
Here's the Bucherer. Felt good to hand this one over to its new owner. He loved it.
It was a very good year for watches.​
Now that's the way to show 'em, never tire of seeing beautiful things, mahalo IOL!!

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You do have a screw loose. You haven't acquired anything this year.
By WUS standards that's certainly true. I still have my eye on a 1675 Pepsi, but the condition has to be exactly the way I want it. I'm also not sure if I want to pony up the cash that vintage Rolexes command. It's getting insane at this point, but I do find myself wondering if they'll keep going up in value or eventually crash. If they fall, I'll swoop in.

I love seeing your collection, it is so varied and thoughtful. I know I have seen pieces of it before but I never tire of it. The photos are fantastic. I think i am even more envious of the RS4, however :) I love that car.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Watchnik and I occasionally trade PMs about B7 RS4s, as he used to own one. There's something truly magical about the way the car drives, and I think it will go down in Audi history as a classic. Aside from the TT RS, it's likely the last RS car that will be offered with a manual transmission, sadly.

I'll try to do an entire SotC thread in the next few weeks. At the very least, I want to take fresh photos.

Plus I think I'm worse than you. Although my collection is a bit less expensive (the student life)

You have a great collection of vintage watches.

Enjoy the student life while you can. I miss it.

Now, I know I'm worse than you, because I can identify all your watches! I'm so depressed...:-(...:-d
Given the fact that I tend to post pictures too much, I knew at least one person would be able to identify all the watches!

I'm running at about 2 new watches per month in 2014 so I'm the last person to say whether someone has got a screw loose or not.
And we have yet to see an incoming thread? Shame on you, Sticky!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts