WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm trying to remove the bracelet from my 42mm PO and replace it with a leather hirsch leonardo strap. I can compress the spring bar with my Bergeon #3153, but I can't seem to slide the bracelet out from the lugs. Any advice?

Also, anyone know the proper setting for the Leonardo on a 42mm PO? I have the little tool that Hrisch sells, but I promptly broke off one of the red tips that helps you determine the correct position while expermenting on another watch.

Thanks for helping a newbie.

david

·
Banned
3,251 Posts
Once you compress one end you have to hold that end out while working on the other end.

You might find that this tool is easier to use for removing bracelets.

Bergeon 6825 pliers available from Ofrei.com

~JB

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, bracelet is off. Now I just need help placing the Hrisch Leonardo strap in the right position.

david

·
Banned
3,251 Posts
Sorry I cannot help you there. I do not have any experience with Hirsch straps. I know Hiro, Jim, Father John, and many others on the forum do. They should be along any moment.

~JB

·
Registered
251 Posts
what do you mean "right position?" I have a hirsch carbon on my 42 PO, and I am not sure what you mean.

brad

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Sorry I cannot help you there. I do not have any experience with Hirsch straps. I know Hiro, Jim, Father John, and many others on the forum do. They should be along any moment.

~JB
Yeah, and snak the destroyer probably ain't your go to guy here. :-d

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
what do you mean "right position?" I have a hirsch carbon on my 42 PO, and I am not sure what you mean.

brad
The Leonardo has a curved end so that it fits nearly flush to the case. You have to select the right position for the spring bar so that you get a nice fit. The Carbon has a straight end, so there's nothing to adjust.

·
Banned
3,251 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dang! I broke a springbar trying to insert it in the plastic insert for the Leonardo strap. Now part of the springbar is stuck in the insert. How much do springbars cost?

I think maybe the springbar is too big for the leonardo insert. It was a very tight fit (obviously too tight). Has anybody else had trouble getting the springbar into the insert?

david

·
Banned
3,251 Posts

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Dang! I broke a springbar trying to insert it in the plastic insert for the Leonardo strap. Now part of the springbar is stuck in the insert. How much do springbars cost?

I think maybe the springbar is too big for the leonardo insert. It was a very tight fit (obviously too tight). Has anybody else had trouble getting the springbar into the insert?

david
Yes, David, the insert requires thinner springbars; i.e., 1.5mm diameter. You might find them on eBay or Ofrei.com. Watchband.biz has them but they are $2.10 each plus shipping. I don't have any extra or I would send you a couple.

As for the correct adapter hole, I do not have a PO and could not tell you which one to use. Sorry.

Fr. John+

·
Registered
314 Posts
When you figure out the right position, could you please post it or PM me? Im planning on getting a leonrado and could use the info. Thanks

-Ben

1 - 12 of 12 Posts