WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched high and low on this forum trying to find help in the removal of the stainless steel bracelet on my Ecozilla. I purchased Walts adapters to use a Zulu strap. Four screws and the ring are no problem. How do you remove the bracelet from the watch? I do not want to damage my watch in any way.
Has anyone removed the SS Bracelet and can describe how to do this right? I know that it is probly something simple but can anyone help me? I really would appreciate it very much!
Thanks
Jack

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
Walt's adapters can not go on the bracelet model. It is evidently a different case from the strap model.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Walt's adapters can not go on the bracelet model. It is evidently a different case from the strap model.
samanator
Yes you are right ,the cases are different,however Walt makes a adaptor for the SS bracelet model now.I would be glad to send you a copy fo my e-mail showing the pictures( all of Walts adaptors) and info if you would like.We can do it on the PM side if you wish. Thanks for your reply though.:-!
Jack

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
+1 I got the same email from Walter showing the adapters for the s/s bracelet Zilla. You take off the back ring, Push out the pin holding the bracelet on. Note: there is a sleeve on the pin. His adapters fasten back the same way. Re-install your stock pin/sleeve to hold the adapters into place.
Here is a pic Walter sent me. Of what the pin/sleeve looks like on your watch. Re-install the back ring and you're good to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it even possible to install adapters to ss ecozilla? I remembered reading something about it and googled this, hope it will help you.

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=153714
Thanks for the thread ancient_mariner.............however that is the only thread that I could find also related to this project of mine. Someone out there had taken the bracelet off of the SS Ecozilla and I sure hope they find my thread and read it. I am at a stand still.
I am going to look again today at the watch and see if I missed something. Sleeping on it sometimes helps!:-!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
+1 I got the same email from Walter showing the adapters for the s/s bracelet Zilla. You take off the back ring, Push out the pin holding the bracelet on. Note: there is a sleeve on the pin. His adapters fasten back the same way. Re-install your stock pin/sleeve to hold the adapters into place.
Here is a pic Walter sent me. Of what the pin/sleeve looks like on your watch.
hansomegq67
Thanks for your reply............not quite sure what you mean by pushing out the pins.There is one hole on the orginal band lug(nearest the watch case) and one hole right below on the band.This is the same on the other side of the wac/band.Most bands have a arrow showing the direction which way to remove the band pin. This watch does not. May I need to contact Walt. Thanks anyway for you help.
Jack

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
hansomegq67
Thanks for your reply............not quite sure what you mean by pushing out the pins.There is one hole on the orginal band lug(nearest the watch case) and one hole right below on the band.This is the same on the other side of the wac/band.Most bands have a arrow showing the direction which way to remove the band pin. This watch does not. May I need to contact Walt. Thanks anyway for you help.
Jack
When you take off the back ring you will see where the pin bracket. You can't see it from the outside of the watch. Take off the back ring and look where your bracelet is still attached. Then you'll see where the pin is held into. That's the one you push out, nearest hole to the case. Walt's adapter should have the same holes to reinstall the pin.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When you take off the back ring you will see the pin. you can't see it from the outside of the watch. Take off the back ring and look where your bracelet is still attached. Then you'll see where the pin is. That's the one you push out.
We are talking about the same type watch here? Mine is the SS band model. As I am told it is different than the rubber SS model.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
We are talking about the same type watch here? Mine is the SS band model. As I am told it is different than the rubber SS model.
Yes we are. Look at my signature. I own the same one as you. I already took off my back ring to see where the bracelet is attached. My info in the previous post is accurate.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
I just took off my back ring to show you. Pic#1 The hole closest to the the watch head is where the pin is. Push it out in the same direction as the arrows on the bracelet. Pic #2 Shows my watch with the back ring off. The narrow part in the middle is what is holding your bracelet on. Once you take the pin out. Just lift the bracelet off. And Install the adapters (for the s/s bracelet version) the same way. Slip them on and re-install the pin and sleeve. That's it.:-! Walt's adapters should have the same pin holes on the side to re-install the pin and sleeve.
Note: The pic in my previous post shows you what the pin and sleeve looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just took off my back ring to show you. Pic#1 The hole closest to the the watch head is where the pin is. Push it out in the same direction as the arrows on the bracelet. Pic #2 Shows my watch with the back ring off. The narrow part in the middle is what is holding your bracelet on. Once you take the pin out. Just lift the bracelet off. And Install the adapters (for the s/s bracelet version) the same way. Slip them on and re-install the pin and sleeve. That's it.:-! Walt's adapters should have the same pin holes on the side to re-install the pin and sleeve.
Note: The pic in my previous post shows you what the pin and sleeve looks like.
Thanks ever so much hansomegq67, pictures "speak a thousand words" on what we are talking about here.
Got to take the wife to LOWES for some plants,so I'll get after it when I return. It's spring here in TX.
Will report back to this thread upon completion. Really appreciate your time and going the extra route to take those pic's. That is why everyone on this forum is so great to deal with.
Thank you again!!!!!!:-!

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Thanks ever so much hansomegq67, pictures "speak a thousand words" on what we are talking about here.
Got to take the wife to LOWES for some plants,so I'll get after it when I return. It's spring here in TX.
Will report back to this thread upon completion. Really appreciate your time and going the extra route to take those pic's. That is why everyone on this forum is so great to deal with.
Thank you again!!!!!!:-!
Your welcome brother. Glad to help:-!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts