WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
14,519 Posts
Ask the seller for the model number off the caseback.

Can you please help me determine if this watch is a fake! Ebay Item number: 110054356302
Still looking at ebay for my first Breitling.
Thank you

Thomas
It should be A13020. Ask him also for the serial number of the watch and then call BUSA to find out to whom it is registered and if it has a service history. Ask the seller about the service history and documentation for it. That model was built 1994-99 and it does appear to be about 98 vintage as the triitium on the stick markers is beginning to patina. The sweep second hand would have been replaced with a red tipped hand if the watch had been serviced so you may as well add about $600 to the price of the watch for a needed service. Add a replacement dial for another $165 or so also. The seller implies he is the original owner but never specifically says that. Buying an earlier manual for the watch is only a sales ploy for the seller. You can still order one from BUSA for the watch. Gotta wonder why in the world anyone would put a diver strap on a Navi. Makes no sense. Seller's feedback is ok but I think he is just trying to turn a quick profit on the piece. May not have any clue of the provenance of the watch but it would not hurt to ask him. With the old croco included and what appears to be original box set with the white warranty booklet which is correct for that vintage, this watch has a fair market value of around $1900 if it had a recent service and all box and papers. IMHO, a fair offer for that watch as is would be around $1100. I would suggest contacting the seller and offering him a thousand bucks on a buy it now basis. Tell him by the time you get it serviced and a new dial and strap installed you'll be out over $2K easily. Oh, here is a shot of mine like that only with arabics vice sticks. I have a two tone with sticks also so I'll post it as well. Hope this helps. :)
Cheers,

Ron

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I wont contradict any other members as it does look genuine but i believe it to be a little older , it may have a reference number of A13019 or even an older 81610

I say this because it doesnt have the 'red tipped' chrono seconds hand but a white tipped seconds hand. Also the box (which looks genuine) is a very old box and pre-dates the yellow carton box from the early 90ties

just my 2 euro cents :)

Rgds
-Rene

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
14,519 Posts
Hi, Rene'. No, it has to be a A13029 because ...

It does look genuine but i believe it to be a little older , it may have a reference number of A13019 or even an older 81610

I say this because it doesnt have the 'red tipped' chrono seconds hand but a white tipped seconds hand. Also the box (which looks genuine) is a very old box and pre-dates the yellow carton box from the early 90ties
the case back is a screw-on not a press-on. Has to be at least 1994 even if the seller has the earlier box set. Some of the early Old Nav II's did have the white tipped sweep second hand but as we know all later models were red tipped. Makes me question the seller's assertion as to age of the watch. Wouldn't surprise me for it to be a never-serviced 94-95 model as opposed to the suggested 99' vintage. BTW, I replied to your PM re: the bracelet. :)
Cheers,
Ron

PS. typo in the header. I meant A13020

1 - 7 of 7 Posts