WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a opportunity to buy this old soviet watch but im not sure if they are real Komandirskie watch they were made specialy for commanders in military they should have ЗАКАЗ МО СССР writen somewhere but they dont so i didnt think they were until i saw something like identification on the back which are for military of am not wrong any help?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I have a opportunity to buy this old soviet watch but im not sure if they are real Komandirskie watch they were made specialy for commanders in military they should have ЗАКАЗ МО СССР writen somewhere but they dont so i didnt think they were until i saw something like identification on the back which are for military of am not wrong any help?
Welcome to the forum MarvK500 :-!

Although Vostok did make particular models for the military, the Komandirskie line of watches is not one of them. The Komandirskie branding was a marketing tool. The "ЗАКАЗ МО СССР" marking sometimes seen on this range was only to signify that they were sold through the Soviet military Voentorg stores to military personnel, their families, and also to some of the public.

The model you have shown appears to be correct, and has a case model number of 341, I'm not sure of the dial code number.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
To add, because I do not see ‘made in ussr’ or ‘made in russia’, I believe it was made around 1992 during transition time. So, you decide, os it a Soviet watch or Russian or SNG watch (a short-lived Formation in between).

·
Registered
686 Posts
All I can tell you for certain is that the text on the back means Water Resistant (aka Water Proof)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Not seeing the insides I would still say its a legit one, somewhat sun bleached the blues or greens etc off the gold underlayer (Vostok were doing candy paints long before the surfers in California were on their vans) and if you have no problem with the demorara brown sugar goldy look of the dial then you have a winner.

I have wondered if ppl have had success in recolouring these dials, I got a suggestion through my channel to use a wash made from a sharpie pen ink then acrylic lacquer over the dried wash, I can see how that would work but going round the white markings esp the para logo and red star would take infinitesimal skill.

I do like the paratroopers Komandirskie, its to me one of the "essential" pieces with the tank commander in any Russian or Soviet collection, my one is green in a TiN plated case and is an absolute star for reliability, just wind it up and set the time and can set and forget about it til the next day winding which usually I have swapped for another watch cycling through them all. (just about to put my Stadium back in its little next and think today is a Slava quartz day)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts