WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum and am having trouble trying to figure out how to start a new thread, but I think I just figured it out since I’m here…
My real question is: what is difference between Omega 300m and 300?

Also, how do Ipost a pic to the WRUW threads?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am new to this forum and am having trouble trying to figure out how to start a new thread, but I think I just figured it out since I’m here…
My real question is: what is difference between Omega 300m and 300?

Also, how do Ipost a pic to the WRUW threads?
Thanks in advance!
I’ll also add: some of my confusion may be the way it shows up on my damn iPad

·
Registered
607 Posts
Welcome. I’m replying to you from my iPad - it’s easier on a laptop

The watch world can be very confusing. Brands like Omega and Panerai can have large numbers of models in one family. “Seamaster” is a family of watches that include the 300M, 300, Aquaterra and more.

The 300M, a watch I just bought, is a MODERN classic of a sports watch that became famous as the watch James Bond wears starting with Pierce Brosnan and GoldenEye. It feels like a dressy modern sports watch. There’s a Hodinkee video that says it is the ultimate dress up / dress down watch - as in does both. Current models have a wave pattern engraved in the bezel, a Helium escape valve at the 11 o’clock position, and an adjustable bracelet or strap. Personally, I just bought one and am loving it. ( Here’s a thread I started about my own 300M : Incoming : My first Seamaster )

The Seamaster 300 is more vintage inspired and classic in appearance. ( Having worn one, they are also lovely.). They share the same family name, Seamaster, but are very different in look and feel. These watches look more like traditional watches - like a submariner. The current models feature an aluminum bezel with a coin edge, a domed crystal, and a “sandwich” dial - that is, one where the numbers and markers on the top dial are “cut outs” and a different color dial beneath “fills them in”, giving a cool multi-dimensional effect.

Anyone could easily own both in a collection and be delighted with each. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
You seem to have started a thread so well done. I only visit WUS on my iPad so it’s not impossible. Above where you type there should be a string of symbols. If you press the rectangular one near the middle (between two links of a chain and the camera, shape you can upload an image from your albums or take a picture to add to a post.

Your other question has been answered, but I’m sure more could be added. Would a visit to the Omega website help? Even better go to a boutique if there is one near you, they should fall over themselves to help you - even if you make it clear from the start that you’re just browsing today.

Good luck with your journey to a fantastic Omega.

Nigel

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Omega Seamaster 300M (aka SMP)

Omega Seamaster 300:

Main differences:

• skeleton hands on the 300M vs broad arrow on 300
  • He valve on the 300M
  • applied white lume markers on 300M vs fauxtina lume sandwich dial on 300
  • date on 300M vs no date on 300
  • ceramic bezel on 300M vs aluminum bezel on 300 (both lumed)
  • twisted lugs on 300M vs straight lugs on 300
  • 9 link straight bracelet on 300M vs 3 link tapered bracelet on 300
  • 8800 movement on 300M vs 8900 movement on 300

1 - 7 of 7 Posts