WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for a long time now to find information such as the year this watch was made, value, and any other information available about this watch but I can't even find another picture of it online. Here is what I know it is a TAG Heuer Carrera with a Tachymetre, Chronograph, Moon Phase, and that it is an automatic movement. I need to know the year it was made, any opinions on condition, and the rarity or any estimated value from anyone who has any idea. Thanks everyone!

Tag 1.JPG

Tag 2.jpg

Tag 3.jpg

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Its looks kinda weird it says "Stainless Less" on the back of the case back, I've never seen that on a watch. I'd venture fakish cause of the wording on the back, but other companies have done stranger wording on their watches so I'll wait for a expert to way in, it could also be a diffrent caseback or something that someone had made :S, also no serial or model info. on the watch. If I was looking to buy I'd stay away until someone says otherwise.

Don't take my opinion as a definitive fact until you hear one of the guys that knows their thing about Tag tell ya :)

P.S. The Tag Heuer Logo also seems a bit slanted. It could be the position of the watch but if you flip the picture its kinda off on both pics. I've never seen carrera writen so the wearer can't read the name either. It usually says automatic if its a Auto. on the dial too...or its calibre number

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good Eye I didn't even catch that now I am very curious to hear from one of you Tag experts out there! I also noticed that the logo in the center of the face is sort of crooked and it looks like a pressed metal piece that is attached which doesn't look normal to me either.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I just updated the post a couple minutes ago and didn't see your reply :D aye your right and I've also never seen Tags without the name on the right side(not the right side direction, more the correct orientation of the name) so it could be readable and the name Automatic or whatever Calibre the watch is if its a Auto.

·
Registered
391 Posts
It doesn't look like a TAG deployment to me.

I have to ask, did TAG ever make a moonphase? I've never seen one, but I'm not an expert on all things TAG.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
This watch makes no sense to me. It has the tachymetre ring, 60 min or sec. sub-dial, 24 hour sub-dial AND a central second hand, yet no chronograph pushers (start/reset buttons). If it's valjoux then hour dial measures only up to 12 hours, and where's the minute counter that measures up to 30 min? How could this watch possibly not be a FAKE... seriously... I think it's one creative fake...

·
Registered
705 Posts
Hey it's not that bad of a fake. They were able to get "sapphire" and "crystal" correct. That's usually a stumper.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Says fake to me I'm afraid, the case, the mis-spelling, the crooked Tag emblem, and it's a mish mash of everything and nothing in terms of functionality.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts