WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone.
My first post here
Im new to fine watches and I'm looking to make my first "nice" watch purchase and would like some recommendations. I would like to spend anywhere around $50 to $150.

I have been looking at many models by Seiko that fit my price range, are there any other brands and/or models that you think I should consider?

Any Seiko models that you recommend as well?

It must have a steel bracelet and I prefer diver, sport and military styles but these styles are not a must.

Sorry my description of what I am looking for is so non specific. I'm at the point where after I get a few watches of my own i will have a better idea of what I like and don't like.

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: I'm open to suggestions on any quality brand around that budget. Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
Any Seiko 5 you like. You'll get one in any design you want: diver, field watch (military), sports watch... Technically and quality wise the're pretty much all the same.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Main question is, what are you looking for? Quartz or Automatic?

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
My suggestion is post this over in the affordable section of the forum. You will get lots of suggestions!

Welcome!

·
Banned
81 Posts
From my opinion the skx007 is not a very beautiful watch. A very good diver's watch though. Citizen makes the ecodrive but the movement is like a quarts not an auto. apart from the citizen calibre 2100.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Not strictly Seiko, but owned by Seiko...

Throw an eye at Orient Mako or Ray models as well. They are very nice automatic watches that should fall within your budget.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not strictly Seiko, but owned by Seiko...

Throw an eye at Orient Mako or Ray models as well. They are very nice automatic watches that should fall within your budget.

I have heard of those two I will have to take a closer look at those. Thanks. I probably wasn't clear with my first post (sorry) looking for sekio models and models from other manufactures in that price range. I heard orent makes good autos for the money

·
Registered
134 Posts
From my opinion the skx007 is not a very beautiful watch. A very good diver's watch though. Citizen makes the ecodrive but the movement is like a quarts not an auto. apart from the citizen calibre 2100.
As in the movement or the second hand does not sweep? Always wondered whether quartz = ticking second hand. Then again, I have seen wall clocks that run on battery (obviously) with sweeping second hands. Lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,544 Posts
For cheap automatic thrills and a great military design, there's no beating the SNZG13J1. Here's a fresh pic of the little battler.

For the diver, it's gotta be a SKX or go home, LOL.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That snzg13 grows on me more and more each time I see it ... Sadly I'm on a buying hiatus for a while .

I have a skx009 and I can highly recommend it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
For cheap automatic thrills and a great military design, there's no beating the SNZG13J1. Here's a fresh pic of the little battler.

For the money you spend this watch is a great value. Hard to recommend anything else given your original request. Sub-$150 on a bracelet brand new.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow...so many great suggestions! Thank all of you for all the knowledge and insight you have given me, I'm truly appreciative.

How do you all feel about the Seiko Monster (skx779 I believe)?

It's a little above my given price range, but I realy like the size and look of it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
How do you all feel about the Seiko Monster (skx779 I believe)?

It's a little above my given price range, but I realy like the size and look of it.
They are good watches, widely available and show up regularly used for good prices in the buy/sell forum here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts