WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks... I hate to give away a "broken" watch, but I have no time or interest in "fixing" it. The 5600 just doesn't do it for me any more.

I am told there are ways to make this one work again, but it isn't holding a charge any more. I think you can replace the cell, or put a NON charging cell in it, but you have to disable the solar cells. It could just need a new chargeable cell.

Or, maybe you could use the bezel or the guts or something. LOL

(I'm quite the sales guy huh?)

no strap, head only. Hey.. its free. I will even pay shipping.

This is a subjective giveaway... so reply with an answer to the question below... my wife and I will pick the "best answer" and that person wins.

Ready??

Its spring time here in the US.... What is your favorite thing about the spring season?

Contest will end in about 24 hours or so... Watch will ship early next week. Send extra love and peace my way to increase your chance of winning LOL...

·
Registered
596 Posts
My reply is this:

I'm in the UK so spring means no rain and not having to wear thermals in the house!!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Hi, Jeff. Although very kind, I have no interest in the giveaway. I'll give my answer anyway, though.

Any person of sound mind knows that this Spring marks the beginning of the slow but inevitable march to another world series championship for the greatest team in sports, the New York Yankees.

The only thing that trumps that are the return of nubile bikini-clad vixens around the community pool here in Orlando.

b-)

·
Registered
336 Posts
I may be a little rusty at my iambic pentameter…

Spring, ah spring.
What is not to love.

Grass is really growing
I mow it down in rows
Flowers are all blooming
Pollen is up my nose

Birds are loudly tweeting
High in the trees
Little girls screaming
As they swat at the bees

Away things are packed
Of thickness and warmth
Out come the women
In florals and spaghetti straps

Our bright and shiny G’s
Strapped to our arm
Our pasty white skin
The sun burning with harm

G’s all around soaking up sun
Battery meters stuck at high
Spring is in the air so strap on your pink g-shock
And make sure to wear sandals WITH NO BLACK SOCKS!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Two Words: Cubs Baseball!

As long as the Braves beat up on the Mets, I'm happy too.

BTW, this offer is Very Generous of you, Bless Your Heart.

·
7,428 Posts
Two Words: Cubs Baseball!

As long as the Braves beat up on the Mets, I'm happy too.

BTW, this offer is Very Generous of you, Bless Your Heart.
Although I wish I could defend my Mets, they haven't really given me much to defend the past few years :-(

My 2 favorite teams are the Mets, and whoever beats the Yankees :-d

New Ballpark :) Picnics, Bicycling lots and lots of miles, and man, you have got to love the colors Spring produces b-)

If I pull off the win (although I'm thinking Flathead Chris hit one out of the ballpark with his ;-)), I will forward it on in a similar manner, but I wish you great Karma, and as quoted by (the great?) Ringo Starr....Peace and love peace and love :-d

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I can mow the lawn in my Speedos! :-!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Red Sox opening day/Bruins & Celtics are heading to the playoffs ... too early to mow the lawn ... no snow left to shovel ... heaven on earth in New England!

·
7,428 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Its spring time here in the US.... What is your favorite thing about the spring season?

I'm handy and would love to have a whack at that inoperative watch of yours. And you caught me in a musing state of mind on the very topic. So here goes.

It would be easy enough to answer your question in a manly fashion, maybe referring to newly accessible wilderness areas, the advent of vernal waterfalls, the delights of skiing in shorts, or even rhapsodizing about the year's first sighting of a super-hoppy seasonal IPA-on-tap. Manly: Lookit, I got testosterone. Or the frisky wildlife, the crisp air filling your lungs, the electricity that seems to charge everything outside as it gets down to the business of living at max intensity. Or the rocks, some newly cleaved by winter ice, just asking to be climbed. That'd be manly. With proper phrasing, could even be hairy-chested or dude-ish or gruff.

But I'd rather be honest: It's the flowers. Okay. Flowers. Yes. Take away my belching license if you must, but it's the truth.

Keep a lookout sometime, this time of year. There's a riot going on that you might be walking right past. Little bitty ones, half-hidden ones, covert ones, gaudy ones, in-your-face ones, shy ones, loud ones, fragrant ones, stinky ones, what's-the-point ones, and then the ones that just get the job done, attracting the occasional bee, perpetuating the species. All colors, shapes, sizes. And quite a lot of clever design-- if you look.

I never tire of it this time of year. Here in California, right now is lupine season. For some reason, the poppies have come early, too. So we have the two together in blue-and-gold blankets in places, like some sort of UCLA Bruin-fest. (See? Manly.) Later, the poppies will have the fields to themselves, after the grass has grown tawny and golden, giving the state its name. But for now: emerald, ostentatious, showy, over-the-top emerald. Bejeweled with blossoms, for the blink of an eye.

That's it. Enjoy the season!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts