WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and site. Looking for new watch. I have it down to 3 models. 1) seiko black monster, 2) Dieves endurance, and 3) Zodiac v-series (z02300). My main questions are does the zodiac have solid end pieces on the bracelet? How is the lume on the zodiac? How long can I expect the tritium to last on the Dieves? What is the general percentage of problems with the seiko? Any help and info would be appreciated. I cant find a good review anywhere on the zodiac.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Everyone loves the Seiko but personally I don't see the appeal.
Can't wind em and accuracy is very sketchy (you won't be late).

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Everyone loves the Seiko but personally I don't see the appeal.
Can't wind em and accuracy is very sketchy (you won't be late).

On the other hand......:) They are rugged and great looking. If I had to loose all my collection except one I would be very tempted to keep the Monster. The lume is quite possibly the best.
Yes, they tend to run a tad fast. When I bought mine it was about 2 minutes fast/24 hours. After a couple months it was down to 2 minutes a week. Now, after a year and a half it's about 2 minutes a month! I'm happy with it. :-!

So, that's my 2 cents worth of advice. You can't go wrong with a seiko monster. |>

Dave

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Tragic,

Of course you can wind the Seiko Monster, you hold it your hand and do a little spin-a-roo and a 'tickin and a 'tockin it goes :-d

My OM is great, one of these days I'm going to tear it apart, blast in my blasting cabinet and try my hand at modding.

Go for the Monster, mine has been trouble free thus far.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Zodiac's do use Solid end links and many have awesome bracelets, otoh the monster bracelet is supposed to be very good as well. Zodiac lume IMO is sub-par honestly, and Seiko from my experience has very few problems aside from the lower end automatic used in the monster. The Zodiacs are very solid watches for their price as well, I've been pleased with all of my zodiacs and Seiko's!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts