WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brethren! And... sisthren? Sistren? Sisterthren? Well anyway...

I just received a gorgeous Sea-Gull M172s, this one:

820883d1347625195-brand-new-sea-gull-automatic-flying-wheel-m172s-crazy-sale-usd200-only-172s.jpg

820884d1347625213-brand-new-sea-gull-automatic-flying-wheel-m172s-crazy-sale-usd200-only-m172s3.jpg

Isn't it pretty? Yes it is. I opted for the black butterfly strap but upon arrival it did seem a tad bit dark and heavy for such an elegant timepiece, especially with the off-white dial and blue hands. I think I'd prefer a shade of brown instead to lower the overall contrast. The stock strap is nothing to write home about, it get's the job done, but I'd prefer buying a better quality one.

What would you advise? Keep the butterfly mechanism and buy a strap-only? Or replace the whole contraption? And which strap are you fine people using? Would love some links to international sellers.

Thanks! :)

ps. I'm posting this in the Chinese Mechanicals forum as well. If I can't crosspost this, feel free to remove this one here.

·
Registered
523 Posts
i would go with a black toad strap with fine blue stitching to match the needles ;)

could look sweet!

great watch btw!

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would go with a black toad strap with fine blue stitching to match the needles ;)

could look sweet!

great watch btw!
Thanks for the suggestion. Sounds good. Like I mentioned, I don't want a black strap though. :) Any source?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
A brown strap with a blue stitch would look quite striking, and fitting for that watch. But it would certainly dress it down considerably - the black on black helps to keep it more formal, but I agree it's pretty boring. Were it mine, I might consider a mid-brown shade of high quality leather, with a sapphire blue stitch to match the hands. I'd pick a nice leather with good character, but no heavy texture. To compliment the watch, not overtake it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts