WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually own a rolex-day date--- paid $11,300.00 cash ! It appraises at $40,000 ...this watch a piece of crap... it is currently not working and it is not water resistant for ish ... so i am actually going to lock this away in my safe for a while and wear it when i wear a suit or something.

Anyhow, I just want a regular watch now. I do a lot of heavy traning. I need a watch that looks good, and it ACTUALLY WATER RESISTANT! ! ! I will be swimming just about everyday starting next week. I need a watch that can take a crazy amount of abuse and is also reliable and will not need anything for a while to be fixed on it. I'm not concerned about price. I want the best. I need a watch with a strap that is good for swimming and hardcore training. I am allergic to steal-metal-type bands...

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I actually own a rolex-day date--- paid $11,300.00 cash ! It appraises at $40,000 ...this watch a piece of crap... it is currently not working and it is not water resistant for ish ... so i am actually going to lock this away in my safe for a while and wear it when i wear a suit or something.

Anyhow, I just want a regular watch now. I do a lot of heavy traning. I need a watch that looks good, and it ACTUALLY WATER RESISTANT! ! ! I will be swimming just about everyday starting next week. I need a watch that can take a crazy amount of abuse and is also reliable and will not need anything for a while to be fixed on it. I'm not concerned about price. I want the best. I need a watch with a strap that is good for swimming and hardcore training. I am allergic to steal-metal-type bands...

Thanks in advance.
Just about any resin strap model will do for swimming. Look into the Gulfman line though since it uses titanium and no worries about corrosion from a chlorinated pool. Also there are some nice analog MRG models that use titanium as well for the case and bracelet. No worries there either since it's hypo allergenic.

Kev

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Get a Gulfman GW-9100, it's the G-SHOCK of choice around here these days, although any G, even the humble DW-5600E will do you nicely.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Get a Gulfman GW-9100, it's the G-SHOCK of choice around here these days, although any G, even the humble DW-5600E will do you nicely.

I second that. The Gulfman will taka almost anything. Besides it's solar powered, multiband 5 and has some Ti parts too. Nice large digits on a very legible neat display. Water and surroundings is his element....:p

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Wait wait wait...

You bought a "rolex-day date" and yet you're allergic to "steal-metal-type bands"???

Which LE Rollie did you get?

My suggestion for a G: a solar/atomic Mudman (GW-9000).

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I'd recommend the atomic Gulfman too. If you've got the cash, want something a bit flash, and prefer a non-allergenic metal bracelet, you could look at MR-G's with titanium bracelets.

·
Registered
190 Posts
MRG-7500 gets my vote...full titanium with DLC coating....love it...! Gulfman also very nice but I just could not get on with the strap...that double kink was uncomfortable for my weedy wrists...best of luck !

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hello there daknucklegameisill!

All Gs are pretty much spec-ed for trashing. It just boils down to specific functions you want in the watch and also your preference for the design ;-)

As of what you said about your allergy to steel bands you might want to take note most Gs come with stainless steel caseback. However there are still quite a few models that come with titanium caseback such as the Gulfman as mentioned by the above posters.

Since you still wear that Rolex i guess your allergy to steel isn't that bad which is good since you have a much wider selection of Gs to choose from!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wait wait wait...

You bought a "rolex-day date" and yet you're allergic to "steal-metal-type bands"???

Which LE Rollie did you get?

My suggestion for a G: a solar/atomic Mudman (GW-9000).

MY rolex is 18K- when i stated allergic to metal type- i meant anything outside of solid gold.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Its a resin-rubber like composite. And, if G's are good enough for SEALs, FBI, SWAT, Police, Medical/EMT, and Army/Navy/Marine/AF, etc, im pretty sure it will hold up to some swimming. :)

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
MY rolex is 18K- when i stated allergic to metal type- i meant anything outside of solid gold.
You should be okay with titanium. At least, I've never heard of anyone allergic to it.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I am surprised that the rolex would have such problem. Perhaps a visit to the Rolex service center would be the call of the day. Anyway to answer your question, any G-Shock would solve your problem. Perhaps a simple DW-5600E? It is simple, robust, water resist, and is great as a daily beater.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its a resin-rubber like composite. And, if G's are good enough for SEALs, FBI, SWAT, Police, Medical/EMT, and Army/Navy/Marine/AF, etc, im pretty sure it will hold up to some swimming. :)
Cool, this sounds like a winner... ummm i definitely want a watch with the resin-rubber like composite. Is this the best type of model to get ? has there been an upgrade since then?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Im in love.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
introducing the
GW5600BCJ-1
I'm thinking if he's allergic to stainless steel, the case back probably needs to be ti. :think:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts