WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a Nomos and have narrowed it to three models: the Orion Datum weis, the Zurich Datum weis, or the Weltzeit. I will buy it from Nomos and plan on it being my everyday watch, dress-up or dress down. I know the Orion is not an automatic, which is why it's in the running, actually. It is a thin watch, so how robust is it? I'm used to an Anonimo Millemetri. The Zurich Datum seems almost ideal and looks bigger online than the Orion. How have Nomos automatic movements been holding up? Finally, I like the Weltzeit very much, but it does lack date complication. Any word on how they have been holding-up?

What would you suggest?

·
Registered
727 Posts
I LOVE all three of those watches and wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of them. I do think you might find it difficult to switch back and forth between the Anonimo and the Orion in 38mm. I think you really can't go wrong with the Zurich Datum--I'm not sure anything out there (JLC included) would beat it in the "best steel dress watch" contest: soldered lugs, black gold movement--what's not to love??? It's won a few design awards, as well...

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,678 Posts
Since its test phase years ago (the "public" was involved those times) the automatic Nomos movement has proved to be a reliable and accurate engine.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
I had a Nomos Club Automat and the movement was my most accurate mechanical. Seemed very reliable in daily use, didn't put it into extreme use though since it was not a diver. Should hold well in normal daily use, I don't remember reading about any reliability problems with Nomos movements.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Wonderful information. Thank you all. It makes either of the Zurichs that much more appealing.

As to the Z. Datum, it seems to be a rare bird. I've found a few real-life life spottings (ie wrist shots and personal reviews) of the Weltzeit but zilch for the Datum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts