WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was watching dexter recently and he was referring to his dark passenger. i started thinking of my own dark passenger, buying watches. for those of you who don't know the show. dexter is a serial killer who feels the need to commit murder periodically to fulfill the desire of his "dark passenger".

i feel that buying watches has become my dark passenger. there is a deep obsession to purchase the next victim. i try to suppress it and keep it from happening, but i can only help myself for so long. i spend way too much time reading about watches. i methodically research various pieces. i know that the urge in me is strong to make another purchase to satisfy my dark passenger. i don't know how long i can hold out.

i know that after i make my next purchase the urge will be fulfilled....for awhile; but it will return. i do not think i will ever be able to lose my dark passenger.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
I hope you don't keep slides of your "fixes" ;-)

·
Traser, Aquadive, & Dive Watch Forum Moderator
6,363 Posts
Dexter... Wife and I are hooked on that show. Funny because you're 150% right. I too consider it my "dark passenger" if you will. And as far as the "keeping slides", of our victims, we ALL do. It's called a watch box. Look closely as those are our spoils!

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
didnt even think about the box of slides. i have my watch boxes all in a row on the top shelf of my closet.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I love dexter- he is the anti-hero for our time. But who would win in a contest of wit and wills between him and Patrick Jane, a.k.a The Mentalist?

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Patrick Jane would want to hope that Dexter didn't win ;-)

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I get the feeling Dexter wouldn't of done so well if the show was about a guy buying watches instead of killing people, lol

·
6,363 Posts
Not so sur El Ocho!

Have you seen the reality shows that are making big bucks now a days? Jersey Shore? Toddlers and Tiarras? The Duggards? Cupcake making reality shows?

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Re: Not so sur El Ocho!

Have you seen the reality shows that are making big bucks now a days? Jersey Shore? Toddlers and Tiarras? The Duggards? Cupcake making reality shows?
No, I really haven't, lol

·
6,363 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts