WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

I park my auto on a winder...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have a Brookstone winder after researching this forum.

Much like buying watches you can spend a little or a lot for a winder.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
You just need a winder that has adjustable speeds, multiple directions and looks nice. I have the 4 watch brookstone winder, and it does the job quite nicely for $200. Since you're on WUS now, I would bet you don't have ONLY 2 autos for much longer.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I picked up an Orbita FUTURA Watch Winder (same one in video below) off of ebay right after ordering the Omega DeVille Hour Vision. I figured that I spent a lot of money on the watch, might as well spend a bit more to keep it running problem free. After a month, I only wound the watch 1 time and that was when I picked it up from the AD.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a 4 watch B&Z winder, its silent and looks the part :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have 2 watches - one requires 800 rotations clockwise, another - 650 in both directions (according to Orbita Watch winders - Innovative Watch winder Designs | Orbita Watchwinders). I've got Wolf Designs v2.7. It winds one of my watches every day for several month. It allows to set delay, number of rotations and direction and also shows how many rotations left to complete the cycle. It doesn't have "adjustable speeds" - it always rotates with the same speed. I actually never heard that different watches might require different rotation speed to wind, so I never paid attention to "adjustable speeds" feature. In what range you can adjust the speed of your winder?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Never understood the compulsion to keep all watches running 24/7/365. Assuming you weren't burning expensive gas and polluting the air, would you run your car engine all day every day? I don't find winding and setting my selected watch to be a real big chore. In fact, I kind of like that bit of interaction. If I had a case full of fiddly perpetual calendars, I might have a different view - but for better or worse, that's not an issue.

Roger

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
I have one with no adjustable speeds and alternates direction on its own (every cycle or two). Works fine. You don't need anything fancy in a winder.

Sent via Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts