WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been looking to get my first SMP for some time, and I finally bought one this evening off one of the forums. I'm very much looking forward to getting it!

I picked up the 2254.50. :) I was looking at a Ti one, but with the holidays around the corner, the funds were a little tight.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Congratulations...:-! :-! :-!

You bought a very nice watch...;-)

Be sure to post loads of pictures here..

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Welcome to Omegaland!

Congrats and welcome to Omegaland! It's a rugged, tank of a watch with a classic design that recals the look of the old SM300s.

I hope it arrives soon!

eric

·
Registered
761 Posts
Congratulations, enjoy your first SMP...

Cheers,
Q

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Great choice! I love mine.
Welcome to the club:-!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well my SMP showed up today at my door, and so far I really like it. The bonus was when I slipped it on and did not need to adjust the bracelet at all, it fit just perfect right out of the box.

The first time I saw a close up of the wavey dial of the SMP I didn't think I liked it, but now having it on my wrist I have changed my mind. :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well my SMP showed up today at my door, and so far I really like it. The bonus was when I slipped it on and did not need to adjust the bracelet at all, it fit just perfect right out of the box.

The first time I saw a close up of the wavey dial of the SMP I didn't think I liked it, but now having it on my wrist I have changed my mind. :)
CONGRATULATIONS on your new Black SMP :-! any pictures? pics and pics?

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Congrats on your 2254.50 Terry...

By the looks of your pics you made the right choice |>.

Best, -Pat

·
6,880 Posts
Great watch! The SeMP is my FAVORITE!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi, that is a cracker of a watch you have there. Simple, elegant and beautiful!

I've always been more of a vintage Omega man, but since being a part of this forum and reading and seeing some of the newer models I am starting quite like them.

Can anyone suggest any online resources that I should look to get up to speed on these fantastic looking watches of the current era?

Also, out of curiosity, what would something like the watch you just purchased retail for? And what are the pro's and cons of new from a shop vs. say second hand from ebay or another online auction? I am just wondering if there are any traps that new players in the game can fall into, or are they much the same as those that plague the vintage watch market?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts