WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I'm really liking the Frogman more and more but on the casio website their listed between $ 300 to 350 is alot of money for me to spend at the moment. I would like to get one sometime later down the road don't know when but when I do I would like to know if there's any other websites or stores I can pickup one up at a cheaper cost, I don't want to go though EBay because I'm afraid of getting a fake one but if I have to then I would'nt mind only if the seller is selling the real deal and nothing fake.:thanks:think::-s|>

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Can start off with a used one, I got my silver one on eBay and it's a bit beat up but was cheaper for it. I use it when I know the situation will be hazardous. I've also never suspected anything I was getting on eBay was fake. Not sure how much you need to trouble yourself with that concern.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have bought from ebay and can PM you the names of the sellers in HK and Singapore who I have used. Nothing but good reports from me. Agreed, you do need to be careful though.

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Maybe there are some second hand ones on the WUS forum that you can try taking a look at?

Good luck!

·
Registered
505 Posts
I would second the WUS sales forums, especially as you can search for sellers' previous transactions.

Ebay isnt bad, but as always, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I have bought from ebay and can PM you the names of the sellers in HK and Singapore who I have used.
Have people suddenly got shy about providing links? I've seen a few statements like this lately. There's no problem, assuming that there is no connection between poster and seller, and that the information is provided in the context of a relevant thread or enquiry.

Naturally, we would encourage people to use the companies that support the forum (sponsors link at the top of the page), but we can share experiences of good (and bad) sellers.

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Have people suddenly got shy about providing links? I've seen a few statements like this lately. There's no problem, assuming that there is no connection between poster and seller, and that the information is provided in the context of a relevant thread or enquiry.

Naturally, we would encourage people to use the companies that support the forum (sponsors link at the top of the page), but we can share experiences of good (and bad) sellers.
Good point - this is a forum, after all. :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
If you aren't dead set on a GW-200 series, look into the DW-9900 series! They are dirt cheap - most people around here aren't huge fans but I think they look fantastic!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts

It's 'cause there are watch forums that will ban you if you post a link to a non sponsor. I just don't go there any more.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
If Casio miraculously sold the new gen Frog for about $200...

...it would probably kill off the Silencer for good albeit with a less capable tide graph. Hope they update the Silencer as well to 'killer' status. b-)

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
If Casio miraculously sold the new gen Frog for about $200...

...it would probably kill off the Silencer for good albeit with a less capable tide graph. Hope they update the Silencer as well to 'killer' status. b-)
A "miracle" indeed. An updated Silencer would be very very nice. And how about an updated Raysman, too, while we're at it? :)

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
I have purchased several off Watchuseek with the cheapest starting at $150.00 and the most expensive 3 times that. I have picked up a GW-200 in the $250.00 range. Be patient, they pop up.

·
Registered
596 Posts

Yeah, sorry all. Some of the other forums I visit are really strict on ebay links so I tend not to post them.

The sellers are:

bbtiesto

and

peony0930

Both give good service at reasonable prices.

Hope this helps,

Catch22.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I kid you not - a really really mint looking DW-9900 "Mad Dog" limited edition Frog went for 124 dollars the other day. I almost cried that I didn't bid.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Hi,
why not start with a Dw-8200? I paid around 70$ (50€) for mine:

The price was low because the battery was dead but it works flawlessly:-!.

Greetings, Sedi :)

·
7,501 Posts
Somebody's going to thank me for this.....but there is one on the sales forum (not mine) for under $100. It's got an old Seaman's bezel on it and looks slightly dinged up....but a great deal for one that would love to have a Frogman :-!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Somebody's going to thank me for this.....but there is one on the sales forum (not mine) for under $100. It's got an old Seaman's bezel on it and looks slightly dinged up....but a great deal for one that would love to have a Frogman :-!
Saw that one, looks pretty clean. I'm trying to be patient tho, for a good price on a MIRB.

·
Registered
273 Posts
4 more just posted.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts