WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my sister's birthday is coming up and as a way to say thanks for being a great little sister, I was thinking of getting her a watch. From what I know, she'll probably prefer a watch with a diameter that is smaller than 30mm. Secondly she'll probably want a leather band preferably the colour white. I plan to buy this product from Amazon with global shopping eligibility enabled.

I am seriously considering this watch right now:
Kenneth Cole New York Women's KC2695

I am willing to spend a maximum $150 on her gift so please do hit me with some of your ideas.

Also, next year my parents are having their anniversary, in which each sibling buys a gift for their respective parents. I am thinking of buying an I-Gucci watch for my mother. Now I know this might not be affordable, but I really don't want to view 2 threads at a time in different sections.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sounds like you are looking for a fashion watch. As far as fashion watches go, Armani and DKNY make some pretty good
looking pieces. My sister has a DKNY ceramic bracelet one which was around your budget price. I think Armani has recently released a stack of all black watches so it might not suit your white criteria that you are looking for.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ps as for the I Gucci..I find that to be a pretty youmgishwatch...depending on moms style/age...might work or maybe smth more classic. Lots of nicer watches for the igucci price range.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like you are looking for a fashion watch. As far as fashion watches go, Armani and DKNY make some pretty good
looking pieces. My sister has a DKNY ceramic bracelet one which was around your budget price. I think Armani has recently released a stack of all black watches so it might not suit your white criteria that you are looking for.
Oh, I forgot to say that I want to stay far away from Chinese movements as possible.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Well, I'll let others chime in, but I'd be surprised if any fashion watch came with something other than a chinese movement...

EDIT: I think I recall someone here on WUS saying that Fossil uses Ronda (cheapy swiss quartz) movements in some of their pieces...

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Well, I'll let others chime in, but I'd be surprised if any fashion watch came with something other than a chinese movement...
Most of them use Japanese or Swiss movements. Quartz movements from Citizen/Miyota, SII, Ronda, ISA, etc. are all so cheap that there hasn't been much room for the Chinese to move in on the market. Of course, I'm sure many of the components on those movements are coming from China.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts