WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disclaimer; This is the wail of sorrow from 6.1 inch wristed asian guy.

SMP300 - Gorgeous watch. I really love it and I consider myself as a potential buyer. But why in the world did Omega think that 300m model should have longer lug to lug size than their 600m model? Why don't they just make it below 49mm?

PO 8900 - Another stunning watch. But thicker than 15mm? I mean, why?

PO 8800 - Not a size related complain, but why dont they install the dive extension? I really go dive and I want to use the feature at the water! This is the PERFECT diver that I would love to buy but why!!

All of these problems are exist to slightly stir my head! I really want a METAS diver from Omega and it is so hard to choose the perfect thing for me!!!!

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HAAAAA..................

WHYWHYWHWYHWYWHWYHWYWHWHWYWHWYWHWYWHWYHWYWHWYWYWHWYWYHW

Mouth Paint Jaw Painting Art

But seriously, this is my wrist's fault. I'll wait to see the new versions of those.

·
Registered
11,259 Posts
I really REALLY hope they do not. I find they fit great. :)

However I see your point. 6.1 does limit options. Got any photos of you trying on/wearing these watches?

As for the PO, they have a 38.5mm version (is that the 8800??) and the thickness - we'll it is their deep sea dive watch. The SMP is their all rounder. The thickness and weight is one of the reasons why I love it. I'll strap on my SMP or Speedy if I want thinner and lighter.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really REALLY hope they do not. I find they fit great. :)

However I see your point. 6.1 does limit options. Got any photos of you trying on/wearing these watches?

As for the PO, we'll it is their deep sea dive watch. They have a 38.5mm version and the thickness (is that the 8800??).... The SMP is their all rounder. The thickness and weight is one of the reasons why I love it. I'll strap on my SMP or Speedy if I want thinner and lighter.
I forgot to take photos of trying them at my local AD. The real problem is my wrist's width. This is important than anything else when choosing the right watch for me, and I have a 50mm wrist width. SMP300 doesnt work. But PO 8900 barely works. 39.5 PO works flawlessly. For me, the best I can go is 48mm. I tried my friend's submariner which has 48mm L2L and it works best on my wrist IME. And I also tried Seiko SBBN031 and it worked great too! I really like SMP but hope they shrink their L2L to 48mm or shorter.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honestly, given the success of the BB58 I don't know why Omega don't release a 38mm SMP. Surely it wouldn't be too difficult for them and would open up the model to a lot of different people (small wristed, people who like the vintage vibe, women etc)
I think Omega tends to measure size bit bigger. I dont think 42mm SMP has a 42mm case, but about 40~41. So I think 40mm SMP would be sweet!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Disclaimer; This is the wail of sorrow from 6.1 inch wristed asian guy.

SMP300 - Gorgeous watch. I really love it and I consider myself as a potential buyer. But why in the world did Omega think that 300m model should have longer lug to lug size than their 600m model? Why don't they just make it below 49mm?

PO 8900 - Another stunning watch. But thicker than 15mm? I mean, why?

PO 8800 - Not a size related complain, but why dont they install the dive extension? I really go dive and I want to use the feature at the water! This is the PERFECT diver that I would love to buy but why!!

All of these problems are exist to slightly stir my head! I really want a METAS diver from Omega and it is so hard to choose the perfect thing for me!!!!

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HAAAAA..................

WHYWHYWHWYHWYWHWYHWYWHWHWYWHWYWHWYWHWYHWYWHWYWYWHWYWYHW

View attachment 16357268

But seriously, this is my wrist's fault. I'll wait to see the new versions of those.
Cant agree more, I'm looking for a lug to lug on a SeaMaster the size of the new 3861 SpeedMaster.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you really need the dive extension? It's basically only necessary when you're using dry suits otherwise the microadjustment is enough.
That's not a "need" part but I "like to use" part. I generally put my watch first and dive computer. So the watch lies on my forearm.

·
Registered
174 Posts
As another dude with very small wrists I can agree with this though I’m doubtful it will happen while they continue to sell so many at current sizing I absolutely love Omega but don’t even consider any of them currently out. They have a lot of stuff from the 90s and 2000s that is much smaller and much more appealing for me and my 6.25” wrists. My midsize SMP300 is my favorite watch I own and the most comfortable to wear by a long shot. I also plan on adding a Speedmaster reduced at some point in 2022.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Buy the PO 8800 and install the OEM dive extension clasp from the 8900. I've seen a guy on here do it. The only thing is the 8900 clasp is much chunkier, but hey, if thats what you want.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How about an SMP midsize in 36mm. Discontinued but plenty available second hand.
Ref 2551.80.00 or 2561.80.00 (quartz)
If I were thinking about some quartz divers, I would go Seiko tuna 300m. It is one of the best quartz divers on this market. I thought about getting a quartz SMP though but it would be 41mm variant if I were going to buy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As another dude with very small wrists I can agree with this though I’m doubtful it will happen while they continue to sell so many at current sizing I absolutely love Omega but don’t even consider any of them currently out. They have a lot of stuff from the 90s and 2000s that is much smaller and much more appealing for me and my 6.25” wrists. My midsize SMP300 is my favorite watch I own and the most comfortable to wear by a long shot. I also plan on adding a Speedmaster reduced at some point in 2022.
Cool! BTW I heard that Omega is going to cut the thickness of racing speedy. Really hope it happens on their divers.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts