WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
PO 8900 - Another stunning watch. But thicker than 15mm? I mean, why?
This is my peeve too. Even though my wrist is 18.5, I prefer 38-40mm case size. The older PO with 2500 cal looks much better than the new one which looks a bit like doorknob.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am hopping they release a smaller version also. In the mean time, I'm working on those chubby wrists. :LOL:

·
Registered
10,194 Posts
PO 8800 - Not a size related complain, but why dont they install the dive extension? I really go dive and I want to use the feature at the water! This is the PERFECT diver that I would love to buy but why!!
For what it's worth, I've never found the dive extension useful at all. It gives you an extra couple of mm of length which is OK for maybe a 2 mm wetsuit. If you're diving in cold water you'll need something thicker. And if you're diving in something warmer, you probably won't use a wetsuit. If you otherwise love the PO8800, and it works for you, and you want to take it diving, just buy the watch and put it on a NATO strap. That'll give you the size variety you need to wear it on almost anything - save for something like a dry suit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been feeling the same way. 6.5'' wrist so I have a little more flexibility but.... not that much more. I'd love to be able to wear larger and thicker watches without my friends or partner telling me how unseemly they look. RIP to my diver dreams.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I don’t know if it’s just me but, I think Omega needs to get rid of the helium escape valve crown and do what others have done with the automatic one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Disclaimer; This is the wail of sorrow from 6.1 inch wristed asian guy.

SMP300 - Gorgeous watch. I really love it and I consider myself as a potential buyer. But why in the world did Omega think that 300m model should have longer lug to lug size than their 600m model? Why don't they just make it below 49mm?

PO 8800 - Not a size related complain, but why dont they install the dive extension? I really go dive and I want to use the feature at the water! This is the PERFECT diver that I would love to buy but why!!

All of these problems are exist to slightly stir my head! I really want a METAS diver from Omega and it is so hard to choose the perfect thing for me!!!!

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HAAAAA..................

WHYWHYWHWYHWYWHWYHWYWHWHWYWHWYWHWYWHWYHWYWHWYWYWHWYWYHW

View attachment 16357268

But seriously, this is my wrist's fault. I'll wait to see the new versions of those.
Agree, there are so many Omega's (and IWC's) that I love that I simply cannot entertain with a 16mm wrist.

·
Registered
226 Posts

SMP300 - Gorgeous watch. I really love it and I consider myself as a potential buyer. But why in the world did Omega think that 300m model should have longer lug to lug size than their 600m model? Why don't they just make it below 49mm?

All of these problems are exist to slightly stir my head! I really want a METAS diver from Omega and it is so hard to choose the perfect thing for me!!!!

HAAAAA..................

View attachment 16357268

But seriously, this is my wrist's fault. I'll wait to see the new versions of those.
I agree about the thickness, generally. In a slight detour: I'd like to see the current AT skinnied up a bit....my AT2500 is svelte compared to the current one. Shaving off a mm or two would be nice.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I really suggest trying on all of the Omegas, especially the PO line. The specs online don't "feel" and "look" the same in person. There's some magic going on. I'm turning into an Omega fanboy though. Objectively, the "big" POs could be a bit thinner. Current specs of them now do not feel like it though, it's really surprising.

·
Registered
199 Posts

HAAAAA..................

View attachment 16357268

I REALLY REALLY hope they don’t.
Actually, make them larger!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Just learn to live with large watches. Divers are meant to wear large.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I don’t know if it’s just me but, I think Omega needs to get rid of the helium escape valve crown and do what others have done with the automatic one.
It's just you :p. Seriously, it's part of the watch's character! On wrist, I spend time appreciating the dial...I don't ever recall wishing the wart was gone.

Reactions: Simon

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts

HAAAAA..................

View attachment 16357268

Nearly 8 inch wrist here and I couldn’t agree more. I sold my SMPc because it wore huge.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You could try the 300 - because of the end-links on the new model it fits quite well - I have a 6.25 inch wrist and it works for me. I tried on the SMP300 and PO, and AT, and the AT and SMP300 were both really too big, if I'm honest. The PO wasn't in terms of L2L, but it is a thick boy.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts