WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you wanna get a WTF look from your wife "borrow" her kitchen scale to weigh some watches.. All bracelets are sized for ~8" wrist .. Oh and I did zero the scale for the microfiber cloth as well.

here are some results: Some of which slightly surprised me.

Here is my new SPB105 on stock bracelet weighing in at 180g

Next up my SRP777 on h-link 316L sharkmesh I got on Amazon: 165g (i was surprised as this one feels heavier than the SPB105 or SKXA35 when wearing it to me)

My SKXA35 on Miltat Super Oyster 2 ::: 172g

SKX009 on the stock rubber strap (for the A35 actually) ::104g

Rather hefty SRP637 on stock bracelet ::194g

and a STO Samurai on stock bracelet :: also 194g

EDIT:: So this is sort of horrifying.. Since I still had the stupid Ali "megalith" watch I drunk bought on Ali i decided to weigh it as well... when i took photos of this pos before they also came out with this weird blue effect on the photos?... is this watch radio active or something?? I need to get rid of this thing... anyways it comes in at 157g

·
Registered
311 Posts
An interesting gathering of data points, . . . personally, I've never taken the time to weigh any of my watches. I know some people like watches that are extremely light, but I've always preferred watches that have some heft to them. You've built a collection of nice divers that have the kind of weight that I prefer. Plus I really like Seikos, . . . .

·
Premium Member
11,562 Posts
Dangit. Now I want to do this. Nothing hit the 200g mark, but you got close!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I weigh some of my watches, I do pay attention to the weight of a watch if I'm thinking about buying it.

100g with strap is about the limit for me, much prefer in the 50-75g range.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I weigh some of my watches, I do pay attention to the weight of a watch if I'm thinking about buying it.

100g with strap is about the limit for me, much prefer in the 50-75g range.

hmm... fair enough... I'm a big guy the SKX on the rubber strap feels a bit off to me... I quite like watches on bracelets.. none of these bother me in the slightest even the 194g SRP637 and STO.... I'm 6'2" and near about 250lbs... < 200g on my arm is hardly noticed at all really honestly..

·
Premium Member
67,963 Posts
Come on guys - own up, who hasn’t weighed their watch at least once? I start to struggle past 250g.
Oh and you deserve bonus points for putting a cloth between the scale and the watch. Your wife thinks it’s to keep the scales clean, you know it’s to keep the watches clean so winners all round.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts