WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wonder if anyones also noticed the prices of used PO's lately. Seams like the pre-owned prices are on the up.

When I bought my PO, I thought $2000 was expensive...

Maybe I should have bought one for investment purposes :-d

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
The used prices for POs over the past 3 months have been crazy....seen some people selling theirs for over 2500....I agree...wish I still owned my PO

·
6,880 Posts
Yeah, I remember when I bought my first one. LNIB for ~$2100. Paid considerably more for the one I own currently.

·
Registered
10,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put my PO on ebay for a stupid high price (Australia has free listings at the moment). I received offers for $2900AU. Not bad. But I would at least need $3300 to make it worth selling, buying another PO and spending the profit on more watches.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'm very happy that I bought mine right before (June 15th, 2011) this steep increase in price. I think it might have a lot to do with the new PO's price. I have handled the new ones in person and I will say they are nice, but I don't think I could swallow the higher price along with the lack of the hippocampus case back. The display back is cool, but the hippocampus just offered so much more :p

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Yeah I saw your listing Sven, couldn't mistake that desktop seahorse :) I was pretty surprised, you really loved that watch, despite the probs. Good to see they're still worth a bit, might hold on to my big size :-!

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
There is a 45.5mm PO on eBay Australia for $4150 BIN.
Very steep.

cheers,
Jake.

·
Registered
10,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yeah I saw your listing Sven, couldn't mistake that desktop seahorse :) I was pretty surprised, you really loved that watch, despite the probs. Good to see they're still worth a bit, might hold on to my big size :-!
Haha, I knew some someone would notice it.

To be 100% honest, its an experiment. If someone offers me a stupidly high price, I'll let it go. But I dont intend to sell it otherwise. And if I do sell it for say $3000+, I'll buy another PO, pocket the difference and invest in my next watch. Or maybe hold onto the cash until the 8500 PO's hit the pre-owned market.

I had an offer for $2900AU and declined it. Not worth selling it as they are now at about $2500 with the import taxes in the pre-owned market.

I still LOVE my PO and will most likely always have a PO in my collection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts