WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again fellow addicts

So over the last few years I've pretty much constantly flipped my way through countless watches.
I dare not sit and calculate the number of watches, how many times the collection has totally changed, not to mention the money involved.
However, for the last few months I've been trying to force myself to get a grip and put some sort of plan in place rather than adopting the "ooh that's nice, I want it" approach.
I pretty much think I'm there........
Where am I going 2.jpg
Hell, I've even rationalised my watch boxes and got one of these coming as we speak...
Watch box.jpg
which seems to fit my plan perfectly.

I'm trying to convince myself that my collection will be complete following this exercise :roll::roll: (I know what's going through most of your minds already haha)

Anyway, if the first pic is legible, you'll notice there are 3 spaces still not 100% decided so feel free to make suggestions.
Other than that - I was just sharing my therapy session haha ;-)

Cheers
PS - no comments on my insanity/addiction please lol.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I would be happy getting to see such a great collection let alone own it. Very nice

Reactions: Popeye69

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Damn you're organised. I think that your plan contains a lot of similar watches at least in looks. Are you going for collectibility? Movement exclusiveness, eye candy?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Wow what a terrific collection. You have a PP but no VC or AP. If you wanted one of each maybe get a VC Overseas Chrono instead of the Tag and bypass the incoming Omega for an AP RO?

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Nice collection and plan with where you're going. There's one revision I'd definitely consider making to your three undecided pieces... Replace one of the chronographs with a Zenith El Primero. I'm not sure if you've tried one, but that is an iconic chronograph and your collection seems to be that of iconic watches.

A Jaeger LeCoultre Master Control Chronograph might do well to replace the Glashutte Original, too. I think this is change is a very close call to make.

Let's see some wrist shots!

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
My brain frozen as soon I saw the BP Bathyscaphe....
ok back to normal, I would say get a new TAG CH80 instead of the Cal17...I'm not a fan of the GO 70s Chrono so I would trade that for a an El Primero or a Breguet Type XX...
also, would trade the Omega AT Captain for a blue dial Omega AT or a blue Rolex Datejust II

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
ok back to normal, I would say get a new TAG CH80 instead of the Cal17...I'm not a fan of the GO 70s Chrono so I would trade that for a an El Primero or a Breguet Type XX...
also, would trade the Omega AT Captain for a blue dial Omega AT or a blue Rolex Datejust II
wait...I was wrong...get a white Rolex Daytona instead of the GO 70s....

·
Registered
14,033 Posts
Really, really nice watches. With a collection like that, I don't see how you can go wrong flipping a few here and there.

·
Registered
30,181 Posts
Seeing that empty watch box has cause me early morning trauma to the brain.......

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Level Up!
You have achieved WIS level 20.
You have now earned the skill "Super Watchbox" and "Clairvoyance of Direction".

Seriously though, that is a SUPERB collection and organization skills.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Just 1 comment: not having a display case for those is criminal!
I'll just leave it open! I think with the new super powers awarded to me by Crunchy, I can create an invisible protective force field around it anyway lol.
If the box makers quality is good, I'll ask if he can make one with display top and a little extra section for cufflinks etc. Not sure if he does custom pieces though. (Rainer - Germany)

I would be happy getting to see such a great collection let alone own it. Very nice
Thank you.

Damn you're organised. I think that your plan contains a lot of similar watches at least in looks. Are you going for collectibility? Movement exclusiveness, eye candy?
Well the only real plan / structure to it are the 6 headings and that I didn't want exclusively "high end." I want some versatility and also I feel it's not always appropriate to wear something "high end" (Personal feeling only of course). Other than that, I go for what appeals to me based on quality and looks. That was a long way of saying, I aim for what appeals to me, not specific icons etc.

Didn't you have a VC Overseas? Is that gone? :(
I've had an overseas chrono that was getting old, so flipped it rather than waiting for it to become due for service. I also had the Overseas dual time. That went when the Patek 5164 was incoming. Both were tough decisions, but I'm happy I made them. The Chrono may be back in the running for one of the undecided slots though - great watch.

Wow what a terrific collection. You have a PP but no VC or AP. If you wanted one of each maybe get a VC Overseas Chrono instead of the Tag and bypass the incoming Omega for an AP RO?
Thanks. See above re the VC. I had an AP ROO Rubber Clad. To be honest - I just couldn't bond with it. A bit too big and shouty if that makes sense. I'm not aiming for the "Holy Trinity" thing. I'd rather focus on what I like than aiming for some mythical must have list. The incoming Omega is a done deal and will be here later this week. The Tag chrono is up for debate. I thought it was a real looker when I saw it a few weeks ago though.

Nice collection and plan with where you're going. There's one revision I'd definitely consider making to your three undecided pieces... Replace one of the chronographs with a Zenith El Primero. I'm not sure if you've tried one, but that is an iconic chronograph and your collection seems to be that of iconic watches.

A Jaeger LeCoultre Master Control Chronograph might do well to replace the Glashutte Original, too. I think this is change is a very close call to make.

Let's see some wrist shots!
Thank you. Yeah, I must have another look at the El Primero. I was bugged by the over lapping dials last time I looked at it.
The JLC is a good shout. I'll take another look at it.
There have been quite a few wrist shots along the way recently already. I'll do a full roll call when the box arrives later this week hopefully.

The Bathyscaphe is a beautiful watch in person. So much better than any of the photos I've seen. See above re El Primero, but the Breguet is a good call - thanks.
The AT Captain is a new one on it's way in this week, so it won't be going anywhere. I had a blue datejust2 and moved it onto a friend within a couple of months. Don't know why, but I just always chose something else when staring at the watch box. The black date wheel on the blue AT's bug me haha!

wait...I was wrong...get a white Rolex Daytona instead of the GO 70s....
Hmmm...a bit too bling for me I think.

Really, really nice watches. With a collection like that, I don't see how you can go wrong flipping a few here and there.
Thanks. Stop encouraging me! This thread was my therapy to stop flipping haha.

Seeing that empty watch box has cause me early morning trauma to the brain.......
Lol!! I promise to start filling it when I arrive and post a more populated pic. Thanks for the laugh.

Superb looking collection. I work on the "ooh that's nice, I want it" system.
Thank you. It's not a bad system - I just need a rest. lol

Level Up!
You have achieved WIS level 20.
You have now earned the skill "Super Watchbox" and "Clairvoyance of Direction".

Seriously though, that is a SUPERB collection and organization skills.
Haha - Do I get a special badge also? Cheers

Thanks for the really nice comments and helpful suggestions everyone. I'll update with more pics once the new box and other pieces start arriving.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
21,596 Posts
An amazing collection, and I'm impressed with how organized you are in planning out your next purchases. The Rainer box looks great, and I need to order one as well, the question is which size box I should get.

·
Registered
15,023 Posts
Nice stuff! Been thinking along your lines and you've given me impetus/encouragement (and proof) that the endless acquisition/selling can stop, or at least dramatically decrease, thx! :-! . . .

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
An amazing collection, and I'm impressed with how organized you are in planning out your next purchases. The Rainer box looks great, and I need to order one as well, the question is which size box I should get.
Thanks. It's taken a fairly busy journey to try and get organised though! When the box arrives, I'll take some pics and let you know quality etc. In answer to what size - 18 of course so you can "limit" the collection. lol

Nice stuff! Been thinking along your lines and you've given me impetus/encouragement (and proof) that the endless acquisition/selling can stop, or at least dramatically decrease, thx! :-! . . .
Thanks. Good luck with the "treatment" lol!
I have found it difficult, but doing the crazy little diagram is helping keep me on track. A bit like actually writing down an objective. Rather than being a task now, I'm finding it is helping me think clearer. Although I currently have a "shortlist" of 13 chronos for the undecided 2 slots in that column.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Amazing collection.
If I may suggest a couple of changes: Do not get the TAG chrono, but a Zenith El primero (if you can cope with the overlaying dials). Also, maybe you could consider selling the Beitling Transocean and instead get a black dial dress watch, such as the Zenith Elite 681 ultra thin.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So the Omega Aqua Terra Captains watch is now here!
Quick wrist shot:
photo-2.jpg

The decision making process for the two chrono slots is in full effect now.
This is now my desktop pic to try and help me decide (I'm going to take my time over these two additions)
Chrono options:
Chrono choices.jpg

With the help of some of the feedback in this thread, I've had a change of mind and the current front runners from the chrono "shortlist" are now in place on the target pic.
I've also decided I don't need a third gym/activity piece, so I've come up with a "wild card" slot to feed the "ooh that's nice" approach haha.
Slide2-2.jpg

Cheers

1 - 20 of 32 Posts