WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow. I recently bought a Watch with MSRP of $2500, and that was my FIRST real watch of my life.

Considering that in my life I've worn only like one watch before that is a digital G-Shock one, I think this is like a huge leap for me.

Buying a super expensive watch (for me, considering I'm just a college student) for my first time watch experience?

And it's even automatic! I don't know much about automatic watches but just bought them cuz I thought "they were more cool."

I think I'm crazy.

What's worse is that now that I have my hands on this watch, I want to collect tons more (expensive ones).

I'm not that rich, so can't afford to buy watches unless i skip meals and stuff.. but can't resist the seduction. HELP

and this $2500 watch, it's too expensive that I'm kinda scared to wear it on daily basis.

Spent so much money on it and scared to put it on and go outside.

Stupid huh?

That's why I'm trying to buy another watch that costs $500 or less right now....... that I will actually wear a lot.

OMG MY LIFE IS RUINED

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Welcome to the club my friend. We are here to support, console, and advise you in your transition from normalcy and rationality, to whatever this is.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL yup you're right. Guess there's no turning back now! World of watch collections, here I come

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's an automatic watch from raymond weil with a moon phase function.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Yup, you're stupid, just like the rest of us. In fact, we're significantly dumber than you because we've been at it for quite some time. Don't worry, though, with enough commitment, arguments with your significant other, and foregoing of things that are actually useful, necessary and practical in life, you'll catch up to us in no time.

We'll see you in hell.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
It's an automatic watch from raymond weil with a moon phase function.
With all due respect, if you keep at this watch thing for a few months, I guarantee you that you'll sell that watch before the year is out. I won't go through the trouble of explaining why to you right now. Just trust me on this.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Well,......you certainly dove in now didn't you? Just show restraint and enjoy the one you have.
This is the best advice you will ever ignore, just like the rest of us.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Well lad, are you looking for a second opinion? If you bought it, wear it, enjoy it. If you don't, then you were correct
in what you think you are......;-)

Reactions: rfortson

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
omg.... you mean like I will sell the watch and start looking for better/more expensive design&brands right? I just hope I don't fall into that.... Hope I get rich and just be able to buy all the kinds I want. huehuehue.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Reactions: rfortson

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
and Gshocks are real watches too..
LOL oh god did I say Gshocks aren't real watches. I'm garbage. I've already fallen....

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
omg.... you mean like I will sell the watch and start looking for better/more expensive design&brands right? I just hope I don't fall into that.... Hope I get rich and just be able to buy all the kinds I want. huehuehue.
There not necessarily a correlation between better and more expensive. I simply think that if you spend time studying watches on various websites and spend sometime on this website, you'll develop a much better understanding of what you do and don't like. When I first got into watches, I bought everything because everything seemed cool. That was a very, very big mistake, and I'm still in the process selling off a lot of the stuff I should never have bought. A lot of money was wasted that way. As you learn more about watches, your tastes change and you are able to distinguish between stuff that you like and want to buy, stuff that you like but shouldn't be bought, and stuff that you don't like.

I hope I don't offend you with this, but my best advice to you is to return that watch. It's a lot of money to spend on a watch if you're just starting in this miserable, bank account-destroying hobby. The best thing to do is start with something relatively inexpensive. I'd look at a Hamilton or a Seiko and put your limit at $500, then set aside the other $2,000. Wear the watch for a while and see how you feel about it. Keep reading about watches and learning about them, get a good grasp of what your tastes are, and then consider some other purchases. I really wish I would have followed this advice myself, but I'm a moron.

Reactions: teflonphil

·
Registered
1,790 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Welcome!! Don't over think things and just enjoy your watch...and Gshocks are real watches too..
I disagree. Stop and think things through. The "don't overthink things" approach has the capacity to empty out your wallet with remarkable speed.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts