WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this Datejust for a long time and it has given me many years of excellent service.
Just last year had it serviced and for the past year has been so accurate and stable that I don't need to monitor it.
Just set it and good to go.
IMG_3418.JPG
And then, AND THEN, the trouble started. I bought this very nice used Explorer 114270.
I have never owned a watch that's so accurate, even more so than my DJ, if that's possible.
Also, the Exp is newer and in much better condition, not a scratch or blemish on it.
IMG_3622.JPG
Now, my DJ is running very erratic. One day slow and the next very fast.
I tried laying them side by side at night to sleep.
Don't know what goes on during the night, but the next morning the Exp is still spot on and the DJ is about 4 seconds fast.
Then the next day 4 seconds slow.
I would take my situation to the Cafe forum but spend more time on this Rolex forum.

What the heck is going on, is my DJ jealous of my new Exp?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Both great lookers! Not sure if your question is rhetorical or not but if you are really asking why the difference in accuracy between the two, could it be because your EXP is getting more consistent wrist time? Ha!

·
Registered
59 Posts
The DJ has nothing on the Explorer and she knows it. Just like your jilted prom date trying to grab your attention again.
Pay her no heed or maybe just for a one day fun - Explorer won't be jealous, she knows she's perfect.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Maybe my new Exp put a hex on the DJ?
But, yes, a little "rhetorical".
I have a circa 1970's Exp with a cal 1520 movement that was running fast one day and the next day maybe slow.
When I took it in for an overhaul my watchmaker determined that the rotor shaft bearing was quite worn.
After some new parts ran fine.
Maybe that's the problem with my DJ.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Not blame the DJ for being jealous the Explorer is one hella gorgeous piece of kit. It's on my shopping list for this.

'Here i come, Im coming to getcha'

1 - 6 of 6 Posts