WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....I went to the local flea market. I was hoping to find that vintage Seiko Diver for sale by the guy who didn't know what it was and would sell it cheap. (You know, a working 62MAS for 30 bucks. Yeah, right!) So, as I'm perusing the various cases when I see what I instantly recognize as a G laying on it's side. I asked to look at it and here's what I found:

IMG_20160131_203848223.jpg

It has lot's of "character" and looks a lot better than it did. The crystal is pretty rough and it could use new resin, but I figure I'll through it in my go bag as a back up. According to the vendor, he'd been trying to sell it for $30.00 all day, "but since you seem like a nice guy, I'll let you have it for $20.00.) Needless to say, I snatched it up and went merrily on my way. Can you really lose getting a fully functioning Riseman G9200 for 20 bucks? Guess I'm destined to have a G Shock somewhere in my collection. Things could be worse....

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Know that's a steel, congrats, give it a new resin and strap, give that beauty a new "life" :)
I wish I had that kind of flea market here, but we have online second hand sites, and I to bought a beat up riseman for 15€ it should arrive this week :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great watch! It looks like it could use some cleaning!:-d
That is after cleaning, unfortunately. I plan on this being a backup to my divers I normally wear or as a "I feel digital today" watch. I haven't really decided what I'm gonna do with it. I don't need any more watches, but I just can't help myself!:-s

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
and this riseman is special too, I believe the resin is grey, not black, part of a military series being released 8-9 years ago ... very very rare these days

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
So not being a G Shock WIS, it sounds like this particular Riseman might even be more special than I thought. I was gonna dye the resin black but now I think I'll match the gray to freshen it up and keep it as original as possible. Thanks for the info!

And if anyone is interested, I'll sell mine for 1/2 this one: b-)b-)b-)

Casio G9200MS-8 Mens G-Shock Watch

1 - 12 of 12 Posts