WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and found this DW-6900 in the mail....
The auction text describes the GW-6900 (solar/atomic) and the seller used a stock Casio picture of the GW-6900.
Also it says in the text that there are signs of use on the strap (which was ok for me). The strap is ok, but there are scratches on the face and crystal o| Luckily I didn't pay much (35 Euros), but still... I just wrote the seller about this...

Attachments

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi Micha,

That's a cool watch actually. I have two of them and I gave my brother one of these too (and he is often proudly wearing it, roulating with his Raysman and MTG-700DU).

I believe €35.- is now a good price if it is in good condition.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I believe €35.- is now a good price if it is in good condition.
Unfortunately the bezel and crystal are scratched. I considered keeping it and swapping the case cover, but then I noticed that the crystal is scratched too o|

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have noticed a few 6900's labeled as solar/atomics that clearly weren't in the auction pics. In your case, it sounds like they may have pulled a fast one on you since they didn't include pics. :rodekaart I think this would be fairly easy to sort out though contacting the seller and if that doesn't work, then filing a dispute through paypal... sorry, what pain... o|

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Too bad. In the past I used to pick them up for less than DM30.-. It's a pretty old model. I personally wouldn't try new straps on it if the crystal is scratched. New straps are not cheap and won't make the watch look better. Sounds like a spare parts watch then...

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think this would be fairly easy to sort out though contacting the seller and if that doesn't work, then filing a dispute through paypal... sorry, what pain... o|
Unfortunately 95% of all German sellers won't accept Paypal - I paid by bank transfer... o|

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
I have noticed a few 6900's labeled as solar/atomics that clearly weren't in the auction pics...
I think maybe this is because these are just people selling their watch and do not know what it is exactly. Then find this GW-6900 model and think it's the same as theirs and put it on auction. There are an awful lot of these DW-6900H-9's in Germany. It can also end up the other way. I bought my first Frogman (DW-8200) as used G-Shock for around DM70.- (€32). It appeared to be in new condition!

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
743 Posts

I think maybe this is because these are just people selling their watch and do not know what it is exactly. Then find this GW-6900 model and think it's the same as theirs and put it on auction. There are an awful lot of these DW-6900H-9's in Germany. It can also end up the other way. I bought my first Frogman (DW-8200) as used G-Shock for around DM70.- (€32). It appeared to be in new condition!

Cheers,

Sjors
This is also possible, that someone found a picture of a yellow 6900 and simply thought it was the same watch... I should not always think the worst of people without giving them a chance... :-(

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Shame it's scratched and damaged :-(

If it wasn't I'd say you got a better deal, as the yellow Trasher/Taxidriver is one of those non-LE cult G-shock models. Very desirable and collectible model, and if in as-new/LNIB/BNIB condition, it's going for quite a lot these days providing you can actually find one.

This model was released in two production batches, originaly in '95 mainly in Europe (Germany especially) and then on its 10 annyversary again in 2005, with Japan as its main market then.

I managed to source mine from Yahoo Japan after 3-4 months of painful search. It ended up being Euro-released model from '95, owned by a Japanese who bought it there while on holiday in '96.

See if you can source a replacement band/bezel...recondition it and KEEP it. It's simply beautiful :)

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I have actually been wanting one of those for awhile now. Just couldn't find one...(The yellow 6900)
When the GW-6900 in yellow was first released here in the USA, they were selling at full price of $130 which is to be expected. Thinking they would come down, I waited and watched as they disappeared off the market rather quickly. I have no idea why they are still listed on Casios site but not available via the various resellers. Similarly I was eager to get a Black one after seeing the press release. Fortunately the moment a G-6900 appeared on Amazon I bought it for the nicely discounted price of $69.00. Little did I know at that time just how lucky I was as that deal was gone just three days later. It was months before the GW-6900 in black would appear on a regular basis, and then hold fast at $130 for quite some time. Now several months after the first release, they are finally being discounted at $80 via Amazon so I picked up a spare. And yet there is no yellow. Once in a while they do pop up, but rarely, and I've not seen one under $125. If I wanted one bad enough I would pay that price. However I'm spoiled by the typical discounts on Casio's so I have a personal policy not to pay retail.
Cheers...
posted via BlackBerry Bold

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hi Chris,

That was actually what I was trying to write with my humble English
;-)
Haha, I understood perfectly! I just meant that after being burned in internet sales before I have a tendency to think people are trying to pull one over on you. I'm sure your English is much better than my Dutch. ;-)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts