WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i was unscrewing the back of a screwdown watch. the watch is a casio and is water resistant up to 100m. when i was finished i put everything back in the watch and screwed down the back. i made sure it was as tight as i could possibly get it. i just want to make sure, my watch is still as water proof as it was before right?

edit: i just wet the watch in the sink really fast to test it and its stuck on alarm mode, i cant get it off by puching any buttons so i unscrewed the back and i manually put it back to timekeeping mode. was thta caused by water?

·
Registered
507 Posts
I would have put a little silicon lubricant on the gasket before I closed it up. It's quick and cheap to have your watch pressure tested by your watch repair guy. I go in the water all the time, so I have my Sea Dweller tested once a year. Cheap insurance.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
i was unscrewing the back of a screwdown watch. the watch is a casio and is water resistant up to 100m. when i was finished i put everything back in the watch and screwed down the back. i made sure it was as tight as i could possibly get it. i just want to make sure, my watch is still as water proof as it was before right?

edit: i just wet the watch in the sink really fast to test it and its stuck on alarm mode, i cant get it off by puching any buttons so i unscrewed the back and i manually put it back to timekeeping mode. was thta caused by water?

Seriously????

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Did you misalign the buttons first time?

And don't tighten the back as absolutely hard as you can - 'tight is tight'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.