WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Total perspective shift for me. Makes a stealthy Rolex even stealthier and goes absolutely perfectly with this watch. Consider me a convert.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Not only does it look good on a the nato, it'll give you plenty of hipster street cred in certain enclaves across the country. A sage and peppercorn old fashioned would complement that watch nicely.

·
Registered
14,456 Posts
It really takes the over-the-top Rolex bling factor down a few notches. I really like it.

·
Premium Member
8,011 Posts
NATO looks great on other people, as does yours. I'd love to use them and have bought about 7, but I just can't get them comfortable. I'm glad yours works.

To clarify, they're comfy on my wrist, but look way to bulky to my eye.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
NATO looks great on other people, as does yours. I'd love to use them and have bought about 7, but I just can't get them comfortable. I'm glad yours works.

To clarify, they're comfy on my wrist, but look way to bulky to my eye.
+1.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts

Total perspective shift for me. Makes a stealthy Rolex even stealthier and goes absolutely perfectly with this watch. Consider me a convert.

Really looks great in that combo. I wonder how the white dial would look with that strap. Where did you get the strap.

Also, it makes the watch a lot safer. Not just for looks.

·
Registered
14,456 Posts
What exactly about this watch is over the top blingy? Just because it says Rolex?
I don't want to hijack OP's thread. I think the watch looks great.

·
Registered
25 Posts
At the risk of seeming stupid...How? I have never been able to figure it out. It wont help if you lose a pin, it won't help if the clasp goes south.

I get it if you are comparing a one piece strap to any two piece trap or bracelet but I don't understand the selling point of a 4 ring over the plain old 2 ring strap

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Perlon straps? interesting design.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Really looks great in that combo. I wonder how the white dial would look with that strap. Where did you get the strap.

It's merely a strapcode military green 20mm NATO purchased through Amazon. I also picked up a miltac leather NATO, but it's too thick to fit through the spring bars :(

Reactions: Stellite

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
379 Posts
At the risk of seeming stupid...How? I have never been able to figure it out. It wont help if you lose a pin, it won't help if the clasp goes south.

I get it if you are comparing a one piece strap to any two piece trap or bracelet but I don't understand the selling point of a 4 ring over the plain old 2 ring strap
NATO is safer because if you have a spring bar failure it stays attached to your wrist with the other bar. One of the reasons they were employed by military soldiers. OP they head strap combo looks great. I'm a fan of NATOs too on luxury sport watches.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts