WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not my cup of tea. I guess it is my "revolt" against the electronic world. ;-)

Nonetheless, I own one Seiko Kinetic and one Citizen perpetual. As I have had to repair their charging systems, I really don't consider them that high end myself. HEQ's should be more reliable than mechanicals. The Seiko was a toughie compared to the Citizen. It was almost as bad as fixing a mechanical watch.

But as some of you out there know that I am the moderator at the Zenith forum, you also know I am not here to stir things up!

So I would like to share with you my HEQ. That's right, my MQ. And yes, I do wear it and I wear it with a smile!

Have a great week folks!

Dan

PS -- As a quick aside, that picture won me a mouse pad from IWC a few years ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
And this might be a good opportunity for me to reaffirm a basic belief I have about this hobby (addiction?) of ours: there's merit in all types of watches. Just like there is good music to be found in any genre, there are wonderful watches to appreciate no matter what the type.

Here's a little piece I did about quartz a while ago:

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=1410426&rid=130

Note that it's not "quartz is better". It's "they all have a place". There's so much to appreciate out there that I'd rather spend my time pursuing all this wonderful stuff, rather than waste my time concocting reasons why others are misguided about what they like. (I know that this isn't what you were doing. Some will indulge in this kind of behaviour, however.)

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I started out with quartz>>>

which is why I have been spending the last few years acquiring mechanicals. Had to even it all out somewhere. :-D

I still have several quartz's that I keep fired up in case I need to wear something that won't cost me $$$ to replace if I lose my arm. :oops:

My favorite is a red-bezeled Swiss Army quartz that I got free from Marlboro. It has a nice clean look to it. It is fairly accurate within reason and was on my wrist for several years. I may not wear quartz very often, but I never, never get rid of those friends who were with me for a while --including some Casios from the very early 80s.

Like yourself, I don't think one can *enjoy* horology unless they enjoy all of it.

Cheers!

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts