WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to think the dw6900 was the most ugly Gshock ever until I bought one again 10 years later and I absolutely love this watch. I've owned so many different G's in the past 12 years (15+ G's) and this is the GW6900 is the only G I've worn one week in a row. I've bought expensive G's in the past (frogs, giez..etc) but this $72 G-shock is the best G I've owned so far. I intended to use this for running but I've worn this everywhere I've gone. I'll be going to Leavenworth in Washington and I hope to take many pics with my GW6900 in it:)!

IMG_20120827_192627.jpg

185012_3690044166270_735399832_n.jpg

IMG_20120817_193344.jpg

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
It's one of the best models in my opinion. It has a great personality of function, visual attractiveness, legibility of display, and price. A good choice :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
My 6900ms is actually my favorite right now, wearing it 90% of the time. It just goes well with anything casual to semi formal wear.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
hahah....most people say the 6900 is their favorite model. I like how you have the opposite view (or had the opposite view) I'm really glad you got a gw6900, so much better than a standard dw6900. you just get some much more out of atomic ones. I hope they use the "GW" model in the near future next time casio teams up w/ someone and makes another 6900 collab.

·
Registered
935 Posts
IMHO, the GW6900 has to be one of the best G-Shocks ever - big without being tooooo big, solar, atomic sync, classic & instantly recognisable design, clean / clear display, all the features that the majority of people really need, and, of course, all to be had at an extremely reasonable price. The only thing that I wasn't very impressed by was the strap - not uncomfortable, but too narrow and a little bit short for my liking - consequently, I upgraded (or, in MTV terms, 'pimped') mine by fitting a pair of adaptors and a red / black cloth & resin one piece Casio strap - not a difficult or expensive mod (cost approx. $30), but I reckon it makes a really good watch very nearly perfect.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've worn mine (with the GW5000 strap mod installed) all summer and have left the GW5000 in the drawer...

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I've worn mine (with the GW5000 strap mod installed) all summer and have left the GW5000 in the drawer...
that sounds like a good idea. Do you have a picture?....also I'm not very knowledgable in this area, but is the strap on a gw5000 and gw6900?...if they're not, are you saying you have to install a special strap adapter?...please inform me. thanks.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
just read the post. thanks. So all you need to do is take on the 6900 strap and put on the 5000? no kind of adaptor or anything?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I love my DW6900, right now it's the only G I own but it gets the most wrist time of all my watches due to its ruggedness. In the future I'd also like to get a solar/atomic G, maybe a 7900. I also changed the strap on mine to a resin bracelet from RTL, I find it fits much better than the stock strap. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346373013.427731.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346373055.668189.jpg

·
Registered
264 Posts
I love my DW6900, right now it's the only G I own but it gets the most wrist time of all my watches due to its ruggedness. In the future I'd also like to get a solar/atomic G, maybe a 7900. I also changed the strap on mine to a resin bracelet from RTL, I find it fits much better than the stock strap. View attachment 807040 View attachment 807041
Who is RTL? Do you have contact info for them? Website, phone number, etc? I REALLY like band.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Who is RTL? Do you have contact info for them? Website, phone number, etc? I REALLY like band.
Sorry, RLT... They are out of the UK I think. On their website, google RLT watches, it is under rubber and silicon straps, it is the 20mm black resin linked strap. I had to trim the ends down from 20mm to 18mm, it fits perfectly under the bezel of the 6900. I won't be able to get it off though because I can't get at the ends of the springbar now, good thing I like it so much!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts