WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Nice! I have been thinking about adding a flight/fleiger (whatever) watch to my collection, and now I find there is a Seiko one! I would also like to know about availability of this watch, and also of there are other similar Seiko models.

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,350 Posts
Are they like Hens teeth and what are they worth? maybe too pricey:-x
There have been many many SUS models over the years so finding one may not be as difficult as you think. Check out the sales forums as well as Yahoo Japan.

The 4S15 watch you showed is not what I would call rare. But collector interest has pushed prices to absurd levels. One sold recently on Ebay for around $1,000

·
Registered
527 Posts
There have been many many SUS models over the years so finding one may not be as difficult as you think. Check out the sales forums as well as Yahoo Japan.

The 4S15 watch you showed is not what I would call rare. But collector interest has pushed prices to absurd levels. One sold recently on Ebay for around $1,000
Good Lord! Is the SUS model THAT much??? I just scored a GS for about a G-note! (I guess that's why they call it a "grand" Seiko) ;-)

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,350 Posts
Good Lord! Is the SUS model THAT much??? I just scored a GS for about a G-note! (I guess that's why they call it a "grand" Seiko) ;-)
And that was for a used watch...not one in new condition! It proves the unwritten rule of watch auctions: The sky is the limit when two determined bidders have to satisfy a need!

The little SUS 4S15 military was not even what I would have called a mid-market watch when new. Shows how a decent movement, good military style and a short production run can shift those demand and supply curves around!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts