WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to buy my 2nd Gs, after my first one, a great Mudman 1-ver...what do you suggest to me?

:thanksThanx

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Hard to say. Is there a particular model that catches your fancy at the moment, or are there certain features that you are looking for? For starters, here are the Gs I currently have. See if any one of them tickles your imagination:

1. DW9051 - Classic model, possibly no longer in production. Remarkable feature is the 30-page memory bank that can be used to store phone numbers or bank accounts.

2. G-9200 - non-atomic Riseman. Can measure barometric pressure, ambient temperature and current altitude. Solar-powered, with world time. One of the most feature-packed G-Shocks ever produced, second only to its atomic version, the GW-9200.

3. G-9100 - non-solar, non-atomic Gulfman. Has tide graph and moon phase indicator, world time, dual illuminator backlight and 7-year battery life. Best part is rust resistance due to titanium on caseback, screws and buckle. Some complaints on the fit of the strap, but I can live with it. Regarded by some to be worthier of the Gulfman name than its solar atomic counterpart, the GW-9100, which has neither the moon graph nor tide graph.

4. G-9000MC-8 - same as your regular Mudman, except in white camo colors.

5. GW5600J - iconic 5600 shape incorporating advanced features (solar, atomic). Also has world time and Auto EL. Some shortcomings include having to toggle between date and day in timekeeping mode, 60-minute CDT, time not visible in other modes apart from timekeeping, no button tone on/off. But the simplicity in both aesthetics and function appeals to me.

If you have the money, you can go for the Frogman or the GS1200-1AJF. If you want a tried and tested standard model, get the 6600/6900. But you really can't go wrong with any G (except the G-7800, and the only other thing worse than that is a Z-Shock :-d).

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Riseman is really nice - I like mine a lot.

You could also look at something completely different to what you've got - the 5600 series for instance. I like the negative display M5600BC myself - looks sharp and is versatile; you can definitely wear it with smart shirt/suit & tie.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:think:...I think that I'll buy a 5600. It's simply and classic...

·
Registered
254 Posts
how about DW6900 series, i love my DW6900MS-1;-)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really don't like It very much...I prefer a 5600...but I can't decide if a "standard" 5600 or a tough solar one...

Advices are very appreciate :roll:, thanx :thanks!

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
I really don't like It very much...I prefer a 5600...but I can't decide if a "standard" 5600 or a tough solar one...

Advices are very appreciate :roll:, thanx :thanks!
Tough solar, definitely (unless you are a vintage collector). The GWM5600 is a favorite around here (or the BC version if you like the composite bracelet model).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts