WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So something interesting and annoying happened today. I was informed that because I like watches, I am obviously moderately gay. On top of that, it was also suggested that because I dress well and wear a pair of Ferrari sunglasses, I am obviously moderately gay. Now I'm not sure what an appreciation for fine timepieces, looking presentable in dress, and wearing sunglasses affiliated with my favorite car manufacturer has to do with my sexual orientation, but I was somewhat offended by this. What is your guys take on this? Has anyone else ever had a similar experience?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Hahaha

Just ignore them.

They're either jealous or gay themselves lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Skippy4000

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
No, I've never encountered anyone that idiotic. (And I've encountered a lot of idiots in Life.)

Reactions: JSI

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
Well, if you're gay, WUS is the biggest non hookup gay forum in the world. Unless you guys are hooking up and I don't know about it. Is that REALLY what's going on in the sales forums?
No! Of course not. Why that's just silly. Next thing you'll be saying that we use code words in the sales forum ... By the way, never list a "Pre-Bond, blue dial SMP" for sale. Just trust me on that. ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
You probably should have hit the mouthy sob with your murse. Just kidding!! There is no correlation between this wonderful hobby and a gay lifestyle. Actually it is pretty insensitive to gay people to say these things in my opinion.
Kevin

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
no, never been there and I think whoever told you that was pissing you or if it was a man who told you that he may like you and wanted to see you reaction hoping for a chance of hooking up with you......

Ahahahahahhahaah really ignore him/her and I don't think such things can define anyone sexual orientation, it is idiotic to think every man that likes Ferrari sunglasses and watches is gay or every man that likes to drink beer and watch football is a great macho man.

Poor minded person just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
There is no correlation between this wonderful hobby and a gay lifestyle. Actually it is pretty insensitive to gay people to say these things in my opinion.
Kevin
Absolutely, there is no correlation.

The tone of JPS3's initial conversation is a little unclear, but using the term "gay" in a derogatory fashion can be quite offensive - live and let live.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Yeah....A lady friend, told me that if she didn't know me so well, she would think I was Gay because I had such "Good Taste"
for a man......I think it's suppose to be a compliment....At least it was in my case.
Just call me Little Big secure in my direction Feather.

Reactions: kayjf

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
It's so stupid. Men in Italy are seen as hyper hetero for caring about their appearance - suits, watches, shoes, etc.

Anyway take it as a compliment.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I was informed that because I like watches, I am obviously moderately gay. On top of that, it was also suggested that because I dress well and wear a pair of Ferrari sunglasses, I am obviously moderately gay.

It doesn't mean that your moderately gay, it just means that you have incredible taste in style.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
You probably should have hit the mouthy sob with your murse. Just kidding!! There is no correlation between this wonderful hobby and a gay lifestyle. Actually it is pretty insensitive to gay people to say these things in my opinion.
Kevin
I agree completely about it being insensitive, and it hasn't changed my opinion towards the hobby of collecting watches, dressing well, etc.

Maybe he was feeling you out, in a manner of speaking.
Actually, I'm pretty sure you're right because I'm pretty sure he goes that way. Seeing as I do not, I'll just ignore it and further comments from this person or others with similar opinions.

Do you own a ferrari? If not and you were wearing ferrari sunglasses.....
I'm not even going to get into it with you, but I will say this: Ferrari is my absolute favorite car manufacturer in the world and I have an incredible passion for every aspect of the company, both old and new. The fact that I don't own a Ferrari (yet) and still wear sunglasses in their style and with their logo means nothing other than I support them and like them.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Actually, I'm pretty sure you're right because I'm pretty sure he goes that way. Seeing as I do not, I'll just ignore it and further comments from this person or others with similar opinions.
it would be interesting to hear what makes YOU think HE is gay?

·
Registered
223 Posts
OP - why so offended that someone would assume you're gay? Are you self conscious about your sexuality, or do you feel that being gay is less than being straight? Either way, stop thinking about what others think of you and start figuring those things out!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
So something interesting and annoying happened today. I was informed that because I like watches, I am obviously moderately gay. On top of that, it was also suggested that because I dress well and wear a pair of Ferrari sunglasses, I am obviously moderately gay. Now I'm not sure what an appreciation for fine timepieces, looking presentable in dress, and wearing sunglasses affiliated with my favorite car manufacturer has to do with my sexual orientation, but I was somewhat offended by this. What is your guys take on this? Has anyone else ever had a similar experience?
Where you at a rest stop at the time? :)

I never cease to be amazed that there are still people around that think this way. Probably is a homophob.

·
Registered
27,130 Posts
.......not sure too many straight dudes would wear Ferrari sunglasses, plus you seem really annoyed and over-defensive about the comment

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OP - why so offended that someone would assume you're gay? Are you self conscious about your sexuality, or do you feel that being gay is less than being straight? Either way, stop thinking about what others think of you and start figuring those things out!
No, no it's nothing like that. My confusion was specifically the association of our fine hobby directly with that particular lifestyle. And let me be clear, I have nothing against a homosexual lifestyle, I just didn't understand why watches where directly associated with homosexuality in this person's mind, as well as by a girl that was with us.

By the way, your username is excellent.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I was informed that because I like watches, I am obviously moderately gay. On top of that, it was also suggested that because I dress well and wear a pair of Ferrari sunglasses, I am obviously moderately gay.
I'm just curious what moderately gay is. Is that different than slightly gay? Or above average gay? And can you ask him what would make someone 'above average' gay so you can share it with all of us and we can adjust our behavior as needed?

1 - 20 of 166 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.