WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently accused Joe of some heavy handed moderating and/or being asleep at the keyboard concerning some posts.
Moderating this forum is tough and Joe and Eric work a fine line between letting everyone express themselves and maintaining order and decency.
We are all aware of other forums where the rules are stifling and the posts not nearly as entertaining.

As I made my remarks (which were in jest) "publicly" in another thread I felt that I should apologize similarly.

So Joe, my remark was wrong and I am sorry.

Don

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Hi Don,
No offense taken. We discussed what were the issues in the PM.

As far as falling asleep at the keyboard - its not my fault. I did put in a request to have a Murphy bed installed in my office - but this was not approved by the Dean :-s

Oh, BTW, the PETA comment: I see nothing controversial about an organization Promoting the Eating of Tasty Animals :-!

I recently accused Joe of some heavy handed moderating and/or being asleep at the keyboard concerning some posts.
Moderating this forum is tough and Joe and Eric work a fine line between letting everyone express themselves and maintaining order and decency.
We are all aware of other forums where the rules are stifling and the posts not nearly as entertaining.

As I made my remarks (which were in jest) "publicly" in another thread I felt that I should apologize similarly.

So Joe, my remark was wrong and I am sorry.

Don

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Awwwwwwww, I get that touchy feely vibe!

:-d LOL :-d

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Re: Group Hug Guys!

Gee, Don. How about us? You, of all people should realise how hard we work at posting. Hey, it's real work having to skate around all those rules, constantly try to keep offending folks, without getting suspended. Cutting it close to the edge, without falling over into banishment is utterly exhausting. Yeah, Joe does a great job, but keep in mind, that all he's got to do is hit the delete button. As a matter of fact, after reading this, he may be inclined to use, again;-):-d
.....................................David

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Re: Group Hug Guys!

Gee, Don. How about us? You, of all people should realise how hard we work at posting. Hey, it's real work having to skate around all those rules, constantly try to keep offending folks, without getting suspended. Cutting it close to the edge, without falling over into banishment is utterly exhausting. Yeah, Joe does a great job, but keep in mind, that all he's got to do is hit the delete button. As a matter of fact, after reading this, he may be inclined to use, again;-):-d
.....................................David
Very good post Dave. I think some forget just how difficult it is
to post and stay close to the edge without getting popped.
Its hard work. Much harder than just offending the lib......opps,
I forgot again. Anyway........post away Bro...............

jim

·
Banned
3,380 Posts
Seems to be a trend going on. I too have sent heart felt apologize to Eric and Joe for my recent behaviour. I'm a 2yr old in a 34yr old body :thanks

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Just a quick word about moderating.
It isn't done in a vacuum here.
Forum mods are given leeway but can be "leaned on" in the dark inner sanctum of the Mod's Forum.
Not saying that was the case here, don't know what Don's referring to, just that decisions are often a group effort.

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
Jeez Jim, what's the bone against the Libs?

In my neighborhood, you got the staunch Dems next door to the staunch Repubs and the staunch Libertarians. A bunch of others (I'm sure a Communist or two). We all get alone, go to each other's parties, and make the process work. We even talk politics and don't kill each other.
Get over it.

·
Banned
3,380 Posts

In my neighborhood, you got the staunch Dems next door to the staunch Repubs and the staunch Libertarians. A bunch of others (I'm sure a Communist or two). We all get alone, go to each other's parties, and make the process work. We even talk politics and don't kill each other.
Get over it.
The Snak is a love guru.

·
Banned
4,738 Posts

Get over it.
I don't have a neighborhood. I have no "next door buddies" or folks down the street and I don't subscribe to "the process". I'm an ultra conservative that lives my life that way. I believe in personal responsibility, truth, honor, hard work and taking care of my family.
I expect others to do the same. I guess I'll have to get over that.
jim

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Are you guys STILL on this topic ....

who's gonna apologize to Joe when THIS thread goes bad, and I'm betting it does. - David

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Re: Are you guys STILL on this topic ....

"I guess I'll have to get over that." You can............I'm not....David

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
I don't have a neighborhood. I have no "next door buddies" or folks down the street and I don't subscribe to "the process". I'm an ultra conservative that lives my life that way. I believe in personal responsibility, truth, honor, hard work and taking care of my family.
I expect others to do the same. I guess I'll have to get over that.
jim
Not to give you a hard time (boy you're a cranky old fart ;-)) My point is that "truth, honor, hard work and taking care of my family" apply to good people is ALL groups. You don't have to subscribe to any "process".
Besides, I don't think anyone is truly a staunch anything. Humans are tribal by nature and we do like to belong to groups of like-minded people, but I hate to pigeon-hole everyone into neat little groups. Too many gray areas.

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Not to give you a hard time (boy you're a cranky old fart ;-)) My point is that "truth, honor, hard work and taking care of my family" apply to good people is ALL groups. You don't have to subscribe to any "process".
Besides, I don't think anyone is truly a staunch anything. Humans are tribal by nature and we do like to belong to groups of like-minded people, but I hate to pigeon-hole everyone into neat little groups. Too many gray areas.
You got that right, snak. The cranky old fart part of it!!!........................David

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
I believe you are wrong about persons being staunch. Such as myself, and I can only talk for myself. I am a staunch supporter of personal responsiblity. Let me explain it further: I don't depend on the government to feed me or my family. I don't depend on the government
to bail me out of every mistake I ever made. I don't need entitlements.
I don't want anything for free on the backs of others. I pay more than
my fair share and don't complain. I don't need the government to
pay for my healthcare. I don't want unemployment, welfare, free cheese,
free peanutbutter, to get paid for having more children. I don't believe
that the government should supply you a place to live and all the utilities.
You see Snak, I believe that everyone that can, should work hard and
survive and stop riding on the backs of persons that do. I support our military because we won't be free for long without them. I could care less about Democrats and Rebublicans and party lines. I don't care if you are
black, green, a woman, a man, a homosexual or a Jew or Christian or a
Mormon. It makes no fundamental difference to me. I believe in
personal responsibility. I am not tribal by nature, although I do believe
that like minded persons should stick together. There is not much grey area in my life and I like it that way.
If all this makes me a crabby old bastard............I may be.
Joe and Eric, this is not political commentary and its not to be taken that way. Its my personal beliefs. No religion or politics involved whatsoever.
jim

ps
Others may disagree with me, and thats fine. Don't
trash me for beliving differently than you.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
My credo, as well, Jim. But, I'm weak in the peanut butter department! :-d

1 - 20 of 58 Posts