WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I was innocently surfing the internet one night....came across a person selling the Casio G-Shock GXW 56GB (Gold/Black) on Ebay. Closed my laptop shut and tried to forget about it....I couldn't. Went back the next day, and it was still up for sale. I offered a price.....he accepted....it's on its way to my awaiting hands.

Silly me didn't stop there. I made the mistake of going into his "store" and noticed he has a GXW 56-4JF (The Big Orange) for sale too. Closed my laptop shut and tried to forget about it....I couldn't. I offered a price.....he accepted....it too is on its way to my awaiting hands.

What have I done!!

Now, the waiting game begins. Which I really think is the hardest part.

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
congrats! those are some amazing kings!! 2 of my favourite watches!

man really wish everyone went GX56 crazy when it was alive though, maybe it still would have been around today then.

·
Banned
473 Posts
Two very nice pick ups. I too have the GXW-56GB - probably my favourite watch, and definitely the one I wear most. I have the GX-56-4 for those summer moments, or, being in London, for hi-viz in new year's snow! I too recently picked up another King - the GXW-56-1B (positive display), and am pretty sure this one will be challenging the GB for most wrist time. Enjoy your purchases bro. As a King fan, I think you've made two great decisions!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Could not forget about g-shock you saw sometimes happen to me too. Even "haunt" in my dream at night.

Don't forget to make a lot of pictures when they come.

Sent from Nexus 4

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I have 2 non-atomics and it was hard for me to do so when I got the orange first but that ws mainly due to the weird reason Casio decided to not release the atomic version in the US, and the fact the price was more than double and this was over a year ago.

OP, just curious if you got any of the atomic Kings for under $200? At that price I'd probably pick up a green or the GB, even though I have the GB in non-atomic.

·
Registered
370 Posts
All I can say is you accidentally got yourself into trouble the first time round, but subconsciously got yourself into trouble again the second time round. Jokes aside, congrats on finding what you like, which is also discontinued, so better get going to track down others before price go crazy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have 2 non-atomics and it was hard for me to do so when I got the orange first but that ws mainly due to the weird reason Casio decided to not release the atomic version in the US, and the fact the price was more than double and this was over a year ago.

OP, just curious if you got any of the atomic Kings for under $200? At that price I'd probably pick up a green or the GB, even though I have the GB in non-atomic.
Tic-toc,

I wish there were under $200! I'm not going to pretend they were cheap. They weren't.
But like I said.....I couldn't help myself.

I'm currently devising a way to keep next month's credit card bill away from my wife's prying and eyes. haha

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Bought a GX GB for $140 in mid 2011. Sold it for $90 in early 2012 on f29 (that was the going price pre-owned).

Just bought a GB for $180 a few weeks ago. Staying this time :).

Edit: Made in China. But IIRC, doesn't matter right?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts