WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...there was a 15% additional discount if you open a Kohls' charge account. So I got the Timex automatic. Total with tax-$96.37. They had one, and it was the one I wanted. But they could not find the intruction manual, so I took it without. The only thing I can't figure out is how to remove links. It looks like the pins are slotted for a tiny screwdriver to turn, but there are arrows showing which direction to push. Do you push or screw them out? Here are some quick pics I took.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have had the push pins that looked like screws on one end. I always just pushed them out in the direction the arrow is pointing. As cheap as that watch is I would imagine they are pressure pins and not screw.

BTW, it's really nice looking.

·
Registered
293 Posts
This is from the Timex web site. They have the manuals in PDF format
hope this helps. http://assets.timex.com/instructions/w22Instr.pdf
BRACELET LINK REMOVAL
Removing Links: Place bracelet upright and insert
pointed tool in opening of link. Push pin forcefully
in direction of arrow until link is detached (pins
are designed to be difficult to remove). Repeat
until desired number of links are removed.
Reassembly: Rejoin bracelet parts. Push pin back into link in opposite direction of
arrow. Press pin down securely into bracelet until it is flush.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've always pushed them out too. I think that's the way to go.

P.S. Nice Timex!

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Since even my middle school days I have been a fan of Timex. Since college I haven't gotten any because I didn't think they made any mechanical watches, I see otherwise. Nice Watch!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since even my middle school days I have been a fan of Timex. Since college I haven't gotten any because I didn't think they made any mechanical watches, I see otherwise. Nice Watch!
Thanks. Yes I had a manual wind Timex in middle school. I didn't realize timex made a mechanical anymore until I discovered WUS.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I believe the slot you are seeing is the two pieces of metal coming together where the pin is split at the end and formed to provide more pressure and friction to resist falling out.

I think that watch is a good candidate for a hand swap, I like the dial but those hands are a little plain. Cathedral hands maybe?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Nice pickup - - it looks great! B-)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts