WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
By the way, I discovered today how easy it is to neatly trim a zulu.

Take a small G-clamp and two small coins that match the width and curvature of the strap (in Britain, a 1p coin is perfect).

Make a 'sandwich' of the zulu and coins and tighten the clamp.

Cut away the excess strap with a craft knife.

There will be some nylon 'fluff' however well you cut the strap. You want to get rid of this.

You can use small scissors or you can use... a nasal hair trimmer :), which does a great job.

With the zulu still clamped, play a lighter around the cut end.

Result - to the naked eye, the cut end looks as neat as the original.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By the way, I discovered today how easy it is to neatly trim a zulu.

Take a small G-clamp and two small coins that match the width and curvature of the strap (in Britain, a 1p coin is perfect).

Make a 'sandwich' of the zulu and coins and tighten the clamp.

Cut away the excess strap with a craft knife.

There will be some nylon 'fluff' however well you cut the strap. You want to get rid of this.

You can use small scissors or you can use... a nasal hair trimmer :), which does a great job.

With the zulu still clamped, play a lighter around the cut end.

Result - to the naked eye, the cut end looks as neat as the original.
Although my wife wishes I owned some type of nasal hair trimmer:-d, I actually have only a few cm (hey I'm using metric:-!) of slack on the zulu when worn, especially as of late,as it has been unusually hot, which is when I most appreciate the canvas strap. I am, as I say to my students, a large mammal...

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
very cool mod. it looks good actually.
wat driving training ure undergoing currently?
then you should get the GW9010 mudman.
Actually, in preparation for my Mudman GW-9010 purchase, I've been doing quite a bit of desk driving:-d

Credit for the pun goes to Vintage, and it is based on the oft used desk diving phrase...

Gotta run the green flag is about to drop!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.