WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, if anybody knows what other companies Ickler is supplying with cases. They obviously produce the inhouse cases for their brands Archimede, Lime,.. but what others use Ickler cases? Does anybody here has an idea? I did some search on the forum but could not find anything :-(

·
Moderator German Watches Forum
6,128 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Ickler advertises watch cases.
http://www.ickler.de/Deutsch/Verteiler-FrameD.htm

Not every watch producer will disclose the source of their cases.
Suppose they did say one company is the source of the cases.
What if they also have another source for cases or what if later
they change case vendors? What if Ickler introduces some less
expensive watch that uses the same cases they sell you?
It could create complications for marketing your product.

Anyway, some information is available. Apparently Nienaber
uses Ickler cases.
http://www.eden-hms.com/RN/RN1.htm

Thanks,
rationaltime

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the reply everyone :).
I understand the reason why this information is not publicly available and thought some people here may have some non public information they can share. As expected there is the some knowledge in this forum.
The reason for my interest is that I actually just bought a Sporttaucher which is a great watch and I was curious what other companies are being supplied by Ickler.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the replies, very informative.

·
Banned
595 Posts
Also remember that those user here who do have some sort of insider information about what cases are used by what boutique brands (or even larger ones) might not want to share it around, since it most likely means that they are no longer in the loop for that kind of information :)

Look around and you find similarities in watches, read case maker catalogs, check out the usual one-stop-shop outlets and you find quit a number of boutique brands makers from there. Those who use custom cases are mostly known only by those who need to know :D

·
Registered
871 Posts
Also remember that those user here who do have some sort of insider information about what cases are used by what boutique brands (or even larger ones) might not want to share it around, since it most likely means that they are no longer in the loop for that kind of information :)

Look around and you find similarities in watches, read case maker catalogs, check out the usual one-stop-shop outlets and you find quit a number of boutique brands makers from there. Those who use custom cases are mostly known only by those who need to know :D
Also do realise that those these cases are manufactured according to the specific design and specifications of these brands, there not something generic that Ickler pulls of the shelf ;-). Ickler's own brands (Limes, Archimede) have very nice cases at their respective price points, but as a case manufacturer Ickler (can) produce cases that are on par with the best of others. All depends on what you pay them.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Christiaan van der Klaauw (http://www.klaauw.com)

Also, as it happens like Nienaber, a member of the Académie Horlogère Des Créateurs Indépendants (http://www.ahci.ch/)

BTW, I can tell you from personal experience that van der Klaauw cases are beautiful examples of case making.

Laco? Don't know, guess much further from home.

But not far from Mao's home, I guess

Volker ;-)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'd like to share with you the answer of ICKLER about the possibility to buy single cases :

thank you for your email and interest in Ickler Watch Cases, Made in Germany.
We regret but cannot offer a single watch case.
But we will offer a new website http://www.german-watch-shop.com/
. This site is still not finished yet. We hope to show the cases in a few weeks. Then it should be also possible to order single watch cases.
Best regards from Pforzheim, Germany
Vanessa Huck
Ickler - Watches and Watch Cases
Made in Germany - Seit 1924
So I am very impatient!!!
I hope this news will help you guys.

Regards,

Armand

·
Moderator German Watches Forum
6,128 Posts
Hello Armand,

Welcome to the German watch forum.

Thank you for the information. I wonder if Ickler has posted
the statement about individual purchases some time ago.
Perhaps your question prompts them to take some action.

I can see how the supply might get more complicated. When
the time comes a case will need matching crystal and gasket,
movement holder, and possibly screw down crown. Then the
supplier may think why not just add a movement, dial, and
hands and sell a complete watch?

Thanks,
rationaltime

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi.
I hope they will sell complete cases (case+gasket+case back+crystal+crown+mvt holder).
Moreover, they already sell complete watches (LIMES and A&V brands). These watches are mounted with SW200, 2824-2, 7751 etc. movements. So movement holders exist, and I hope you will just have to put a movement and find a nice dial and a nice hands set (and a strap) to make a beautiful custom watch :)
Have a look at their cases : ICKLER - Watches and Watch Cases | Since 1924 They seem to be complete.

Have a nice day.

Armand

1 - 14 of 14 Posts