WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ID? Doesn’t seem fake!

1K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  Jason71 
#1 ·
Hello there,
Could you please advise me on possibly my first Rolex purchase. I found this one. It would be my first Rolex if it’s legit. Price sounds right just don't know if it’s the real deal or not.
Thank you very much in advance.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: ID? Doesn't seem fake!

I can't comment on the legitimacy of the watch.

However that's a very expensive watch, and vintage Rolex is a known minefield.

I wouldn't be comfortable buying that unless I was 100% assured of its legitimacy, and the opinions of a few unknown people on the internet wouldn't be enough evidence for me.

I'd suggest that you do your own research.

Edit: No movement shots?

#11 ·
Head.over to the replica forums. If it is a Vietnam build which are some of the hardest to distinguish for replicas they would pic it apart. And if it is fake and they are selling as genuine those guys on those forums will expose the guy in a very harsh fashion.

#15 ·
I am just going to point out that hours before OP posted this ask, they also posted a Seamaster in the omega Forum that was deemed a terrible fake.

OP do yourself a favor and do more research you are 0 for 2 with some pricey watches. But the fact that you have had two fake watches in your possession and coming to ask experts if they are real does not look good, in either scenario. You need to get to the point where you can at least recognize when something is off about a seller, deal, or watch.

#17 · (Edited)
OP, tell us more about this watch, how much is the seller asking for it? also, since you are interested in buying this watch as a first Rolex, what is the appeal of this watch to you? what do you consider this watch to be? lastly, how much are you willing to pay for this watch if it is authentic?

Edit: also, since you have pictures of the watch taken apart, a picture of the movement will help the experts here to assess the authenticity of the watch

#19 ·
So I don't know of this watch but others are indicating this is a rare and expensive piece, if you can afford this then you can also afford professional advice, but, if it is indeed a rare piece then I would ONLY buy from a reputable dealer, walk away unless you can provide more info to suggest otherwise.

#22 ·
A 6538 is my crazy grail Sub, but the wife and I need a house to live in, so thats that They play in the $100k ballpark easy, assuming you can find one.

I find it interesting that this watch is parted out in the pictures. The hands are off in a display box, he's handling the dial. And man that case is crisp!! I choose to believe this a frankenwatch, with various pieces made to look like a 6538, with a new case at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.