WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have this old watch and been trying to research it. Stated with the proof marks but not having much lot.

Its a key wind type and everything is hinged even the movement.

Any help would be appreciated...Thanks! Jerry

Attachments

·
Registered
5,315 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
From some more research....I found out that the case and movement was made by Charles Cooke @ 32 Thomas St, Coventry. It also showed the same picture that I posted of the back of the case (picture 2).

Now, the question is... a good collectable PW or the run of the mill???????. Not sure if I should keep it or sell it. Very clean and been running for about 8 hours.

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated....Not a watch person but from and engineering view a lot went into this watch.

Thanks!

Jerry
Florida, USA

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,045 Posts
Well, it is a late English pocket watch of a better grade. The main trouble with English pocket watches of that time is that a) they are never really slim and b) the English watch industry was no longer the best in the world. A good watch, well worth keeping but nothing exceptionally special.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well Hartmut, thanks for the honest reply. I guess, I just keep it. Heavy to carry at over 4.11 oz but an interesting piece of time.

Thanks again and Happy New Year.

Jerry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts