WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy of mine in the army sent a photo where the guy next to him, a master sergeant, was wearing this watch. Doesn't look like a military watch but he's sporting it over there in Afghanistan right now.

Know what it is?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
No. Not the Airwolf. The lugs look like any number of affordables. Maybe Timex or Casio. Very common in Afghanistan.

Sorry I can't be more help.

RS

·
Registered
5,873 Posts

·
Banned
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I was curious why someone would be wearing a shiny chrome watch with leather band in Afghanstian. Thought maybe it was some awesome watch or something...

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Thanks guys. I was curious why someone would be wearing a shiny chrome watch with leather band in Afghanstian. Thought maybe it was some awesome watch or something...
Soldiers in Afghanistan wear watches as various as the crowd at the mall. G-Shocks and Freestyle are the most common followed by Pathfinders and Suuntos. After that the most common are fakes that can be bought for $20 or less in the local bazaars. Occasionally you see things that are more high end but they are rare. This is from my personal observations others my have seen different watches depending on the area or unit.

The shiny chrome thing really isn't a big deal to most soldiers. Most don't ever leave the larger FOBs and could get away with wearing florescent shirts and hats...

RS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts