WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,033 Posts
My vote is to stick to Oris but go with a dressier/casual piece with the new in house movement. The Big Crown Pointer Date Hölstein edition would round out the collection perfectly in my opinion.
This is a stellar recommendation.

Edit: may be difficult to source

·
Registered
411 Posts
If you do not mind a 3 oris collection, why not any of these?
Watch Brown Analog watch Product Clock

Watch Analog watch Rectangle Clock Watch accessory

As you see from grey market pics i took from, they are affordable.

Design wise, i also like anything from longines heritage or a tag heuer carrera calibre 5

I would have said at and tudor as well, but many wise folks here mentioned that already...

Reactions: manolito

·
Registered
520 Posts
Taking the price range of Oris, it would seem like Nomos is a clear winner here. Few brands compare to it in the full scope unless you consider sports category which, I don't think you should because you've already gotten 2 of those in a collection of 3. You are going to love what Nomos shows you at the back.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Automotive tire Rim

Yup. That is some juicy, juicy caseback.

Sinn also falls in the same price range. Personally I think Nomos is more distinct in looks comparing to the existing line-up.

You can find some offerings of GS and Omega in this range, though I'm not sure if you really want to.

One particular watch from one particular brand that I would also like to mention, is the Frederique Constant Slimline Moonphase Manufacture. This is I believe a homeage to the JLC Ultrathin moon, and a dam good one at that. At one point I considered this watch to look even better than the original JLC. I don't get to make this suggestion often, but your current situation seems oddly fitting.

Watch Brown Analog watch Photograph White

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
You need something a little dressier, but you seem happy with your sport watches, so maybe a flyer could straddle that role.. I personally want the Oris Okavango rescue model right now. I little more mainstream would be one of the Big Crown models, ideally in a color you don’t already have.
My thoughts exactly. You have 2 divers already. Even if you dont want a full-on dress watch, there are plenty of watches that straddle the continuum that exists between the extreme of "Dress Watch" on one end and "Rugged Tool Watch" on the other.

$4k gets you:
  • B&R 05 sports watch (street price after typical discounts)
  • one of the many lovely Longine Heritage reissues
  • a mechanical GS
  • a Nomos

That, along with either a white or blue dial, is where i would look.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Taking the price range of Oris, it would seem like Nomos is a clear winner here. Few brands compare to it in the full scope unless you consider sports category which, I don't think you should because you've already gotten 2 of those in a collection of 3. You are going to love what Nomos shows you at the back.

View attachment 16205841

Yup. That is some juicy, juicy caseback.

Sinn also falls in the same price range. Personally I think Nomos is more distinct in looks comparing to the existing line-up.

You can find some offerings of GS and Omega in this range, though I'm not sure if you really want to.

One particular watch from one particular brand that I would also like to mention, is the Frederique Constant Slimline Moonphase Manufacture. This is I believe a homeage to the JLC Ultrathin moon, and a dam good one at that. At one point I considered this watch to look even better than the original JLC. I don't get to make this suggestion often, but your current situation seems oddly fitting.

View attachment 16205851
I want to like Nomos, but the 72 different flavors of Bauhaus just doesn't do it for me. Would much rather have a G.O. Sixties.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
My thoughts exactly. You have 2 divers already. Even if you dont want a full-on dress watch, there are plenty of watches that straddle the continuum that exists between the extreme of "Dress Watch" on one end and "Rugged Tool Watch" on the other.

$4k gets you:
  • B&R 05 sports watch (street price after typical discounts)
  • one of the many lovely Longine Heritage reissues
  • a mechanical GS
  • a Nomos

That, along with either a white or blue dial, is where i would look.
Spot on. Definitely looking for blue or white dials.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Maybe I'm the outlier here, but my suggestion is to save the money and wait until you run across something you love. Filling space in a watch roll, just to do that, shouldn't justify a purchase.

If it really drives you nuts, get a G-shock or something similarly inexpensive to fill the vacancy while you await The One.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I want to like Nomos, but the 72 different flavors of Bauhaus just doesn't do it for me. Would much rather have a G.O. Sixties.
Yeah sure why not, then again, GO60 is kind of cheating because Nomos is like 2500 bucks and GO60 isn't quite squeezing into the 4K mark.

But you are the one buying it so if you like it enough, you can definitely stretch that budget.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts