WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have find this Constellation in an abandoned status, in a weekly market near my village.. I have decide to buy it, even if I'm not expert about Constellation series... there is someone that can help me to identify, date and say what movement there is inside...?

:thanks

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Certainly!

I'm not an expert on the old Connies either, Schirra, but I'm sure there are plenty of folks who will do their best to help you out. We'll want to see some pics, though!

eric

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Certainly!

I'm not an expert on the old Connies either, Schirra, but I'm sure there are plenty of folks who will do their best to help you out. We'll want to see some pics, though!

eric
:oops:

I haven't load the pics....

Sorry!!!!!

Here the pics of the Connie

:-D

Attachments

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
That helps!

:oops:

I haven't load the pics....

Sorry!!!!!

Here the pics of the Connie

:-D
Ahh, that helps :-D

Again, I'm a bit out of my element with the old Connies, but my best guess is that it's a mid-70s model with a c.1011. I think that was the time period when they swapped "Omega" and "Constellation" on the dial.

Hopefully, someone will come along and confirm or correct me.

At any rate, it's a nice looking watch, and all of those old Connies used exceptional movements.

Enjoy!

eric

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: That helps!

Hi Eric, thanks for the info added... I hope to open soon this watch to see the movement, the watch is not in good condition and I want to keep to my favorite watchmaker (that have restored few of my speedmaster) to clean... however the movent may be very good... even if this watch have been an hard life, it is very perfect keeping time!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

Yep, looks like a cal 1011 C case without the knurled bezel from around 1974.

I have same in a gold top and it purrs along beautifully.

the later 1000 28,800 a/h series I believe are well underestimated. Around 110,000 cal 1011 Connies were produced.

Cheers

Desmond

Ahh, that helps :-D

Again, I'm a bit out of my element with the old Connies, but my best guess is that it's a mid-70s model with a c.1011. I think that was the time period when they swapped "Omega" and "Constellation" on the dial.

Hopefully, someone will come along and confirm or correct me.

At any rate, it's a nice looking watch, and all of those old Connies used exceptional movements.

Enjoy!

eric

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Hi, the watch is still closed... :(
The back is very close hard and I don't wanto to broke something tryng to open... my watchmaker is a little bit far from me, so the next time I go, (I think to restore a 105.012-65 Speedmaster) I wnat to keep this connie...

But thank of your info I will try to see if I find something similar in the web, maybe there is something open to see...

:)

Again Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts