WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Identify Concord Watch

6K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  evesjewel 
#1 ·
Hello, I am trying to identify and value my Great Uncle's watch he left to me. It is a Concord with an apparent model number of 2020615. I have the original receipt, warranty, box and operating manual. Pictures attached. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi and welcome to the forum.

The name Concord has many entities with that trademark name most of which were based in Switzerland and some in the US. You already know when the watch was purchased so you can estimate when it was made but as far as the valuation goes our forum rules does not allow member to discuss valuations. My advice would be to seek same/similar watches on the ebay either in current or completed listings or seek a help of watchmaker or a valuer.

#3 ·
Thank you for the response and information! Unfortunately I have not been able to find anything about this watch online. I have searched a number of sites and forums (including ebay, chrono24, etc.) to no avail. I was hoping that someone on this site may be familiar with that model number - 2020615. Thanks again for the reply.

#4 · (Edited)
Watches like this were most popular in the early to mid 80s. This is the Swiss luxury brand based in Biel. Parent company was Movado and Concord was the finest brand of them all during this period and brands like Rolex could only wish they were them... Problem is that in the 90s they fell out of fashion as the designs were just too thin and outdated, watches started to grow and became more robust and taste switched to these. So now even though they are still around no one knows they were once the best. A base model like this would have sold from around $1000-2000 in the day but now, who knows...

1979 they grew to fame with the worlds thinnest quartz watch made, just under 2mm thick, they were so thin they could bend if you didn't take care.

#5 ·
Very interesting. I have read similar things about Concord. My uncle paid $1300 for this watch according to the receipt. And it is quite thin compared to current day popular watches. In fact the case of this watch is 2 mm thick and the crystal protrudes another 1 mm. Thank you for sharing this information.

#7 ·
Hi. I have a Concord catalog but the year is not marked. But your watch might be from their "Metropolitan" line. Pictures and some info attached. I'm also attaching a picture of one I found in a thrift repair bag for $5. Attached to it was a label saying broken and needed a $400. repair to fix. My watchmaker kindly managed to fix it for $100. (Definitely did me a favor). I did eventually sell it for $350. Mine had a 14k Bezel and each bar on the Bracelet is also 14k. Nice watches. Elegant movements also.
Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory Material property
The
Text Font
Watch accessory Watch Fashion accessory Material property Jewellery

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.