WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Identify this oldie

934 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Hartmut Richter 
#1 ·
Ok, Challenge Sent!

A coworker brought this in today for me to identify. I am no scholar by any means, but I thought I was better than this. See the pictures and ask all the questions. Appreciate any help!
Wallet Rectangle Leather Coin purse Fashion accessory
Rectangle Metal
Belt buckle Buckle Fashion accessory Belt Leather
Fashion accessory Pendant Wallet Jewellery Leather
Fashion accessory Metal Zipper Pendant Jewellery
Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap Material property
Denim Fashion accessory Jeans Fur
Wallet Material property Fashion accessory Coin purse Electric blue

See less See more
#2 ·
The crown and the inner indices look a lot like Cartier. But I am no expert.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I'm sorry, we won't be able to even guess until we can see the movement and the inner case back markings. The case says "Germany" but that is no guarantee either - the two (case and watch) might not necessarily have left the shop together. All I can say at this stage is that it's from around the 1920s or early 1930s.....

Hartmut Richter

#5 ·
From Mikrolisk

Word trade mark
Image trade mark
Manufacturer
Location and details
Zeta
Otto Zubke
Armbanduhren; Wilferdingen, Deutschland
Zeta
SGT Neuchâtel SA
Neuchâtel, Schweiz
Zeta
Zeta Montres SA
La Chaux-de-Fonds, Schweiz
Zeta
Fabrique d'Horlogerie Seeland/ Judith & Co.
Uhren, Uhrenteile; Madretsch und La Chaux-de-Fonds, Schweiz; registriert am 30.1.1909
Zeta
Invicta SA / Seeland Inc. / (LesFils de) Raphael Picard / Eno Watch Co.
La Chaux-de-Fonds, Le Locle und Biel, Schweiz; registriert am 26.8.1940
Zeta
Siemens-Schuckert-Werke AG
Haupt-/Nebenuhren, elektrische Uhren; Berlin und München, Deutschland; 1903 Fusion zwischen Siemens und den Schuckert-Werken, heutige Siemens AG; registriert am 28.3.1944

#7 ·
Well, the "Elgin" doesn't refer to the company by that name, it refers to the US city which seems to be the home of Illinois Watch Case Co. Having said that, it's definitely an American case and a Swiss movement - and not even the highest quality either. Cylindre escapement movement with six stones at a time that most others had switched to lever movements is a little anachronistic.....

Hartmut Richter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.