WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
This is my 18k pronto pocket watch. Unfortunately there is basically no info about this brand, let alone about a specific model. The case diameter is 45mm and it looks gorgeous. I would post pics of the movement but I'm scared to damage the gold case by trying to open it. Any help is appreciated!
IMG_20200925_235133.jpg
IMG_20200925_235145.jpg
IMG_20200925_235350.jpg

·
Registered
967 Posts
Hi everyone!
This is my 18k pronto pocket watch. Unfortunately there is basically no info about this brand, let alone about a specific model. The case diameter is 45mm and it looks gorgeous. I would post pics of the movement but I'm scared to damage the gold case by trying to open it. Any help is appreciated!
There were WUS posts about Pronto (not necessarily about your watch but the brand) HERE and HERE. If you use the Search Community function you might even find a few more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks like there is a lip on the back where it pops open to get to the movement.
I've tried but it doesn't open easily and I don't want to force it. Is it possible to say something at least about the period when it was manufactured? Based on the hands, the dial ecc... I know very well that a shot of the movement would make this so much easier, but the thing feels so fragile. I will bring it to my watchmaker and ask him to open it for me, but until then, what can you say about the watch as it is? Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts