WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
He has been previously reported as owning a Victorinox...

SoOoO many watches SoOoO little time...
And you have to give great credit to him for not feeling that he needs to wear a million dollar watch while doing the TV thing. There are a load of watch companies out there who would love to stick one of their pieces on his wrist to be associated with a travel lifestyle show doing the Italian La Dolce Vita thing. The guy likes what the guy likes.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Don't be too quick to rule out Switzerland. Depends on your priorities for a holiday of course. What I tend to do is fly into Zurich and stay on the Lake, then head to Lucerne, Interlaken and on to Como. You can drive Zurich to Como in around four hours or use Zurich as a base and catch trains. I tend to find that the contrast you get from the mountains and then scooping down onto the coast is worth it. It kind of depends if you want to be on the move or not.
So I'm torn. I've spent only four days in Switzerland (Zurich & Lucerne). Absolutely fell in love with Lucerne, probably my most favorite city I've ever visited.

The only downside is due to our jobs, my wife and I can really only spend about 7-8 days in Europe at a time, so we generally go every few years in short spurts, but we try to stay in a relatively small region to make the best of our time. Flying into Milan would give us a little more freedom to explore Italy further, BUT, Zurich airport is our favorite airport (we generally spend a day there for the observation deck, and they've added a lot of new features recently. I've heard Malpensa airport can be a bit time consuming to go through, which is also another reason to fly into Zurich.

It's funny you mentioned Interlaken, we were thinking Zurich --> Lauterbrunnen (outside Interlaken) -->Menaggio (Lake Como) -->St. Moritz ---> Zurich. The drive through those mountains look amazing.

First world problems, I know.

·
Registered
886 Posts
So I'm torn. I've spent only four days in Switzerland (Zurich & Lucerne). Absolutely fell in love with Lucerne, probably my most favorite city I've ever visited.

The only downside is due to our jobs, my wife and I can really only spend about 7-8 days in Europe at a time, so we generally go every few years in short spurts, but we try to stay in a relatively small region to make the best of our time. Flying into Milan would give us a little more freedom to explore Italy further, BUT, Zurich airport is our favorite airport (we generally spend a day there for the observation deck, and they've added a lot of new features recently. I've heard Malpensa airport can be a bit time consuming to go through, which is also another reason to fly into Zurich.

It's funny you mentioned Interlaken, we were thinking Zurich --> Lauterbrunnen (outside Interlaken) -->Menaggio (Lake Como) -->St. Moritz ---> Zurich. The drive through those mountains look amazing.

First world problems, I know.
First world problems are ok to have. I get a little over all the moving around sometimes. The area around Interlaken is amazing and the old town of Interlaken is about as chocolate box looking as it gets. I'm a Lucerne convert too. I sometimes get the train down from Zurich after a work day and have dinner by the river and stroll the old town and train back to Zurich. I quite like Bellagio. You've got to be keen to drive in Switzerland even though the roads are brilliant - the tolls and very tight speed limits leave little margin.

Zurich Airport is pretty good - the trains underneath are great when you work them out. The Swiss have so many toys at their airports like de-icing machines that it's worth watching.

We convince ourselves that travel is fun but sometimes I try to fit in too many stops. I'm now a fan of more nights in fewer locations and fan out accordingly. Hope once all this virus stuff is resolved that you get to do it.

Reactions: KWOJ

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
We've been enjoying the episodes too. And I was wondering about the watch he was wearing. We love Italy and love his insight into the history, culture, and of course the food. Looking forward to getting back there some day soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The crown does seem to indicate this!
The Victorinox pictured in the close-up does not have the short stitching across the strap connecting the two long stitches, so I thought that it couldn't be the/a Victorinox.

But I've been able to find a high-res picture from "Searching for Italy" that is good enough that I can make out some of the details on the watch face:

That looks like it's definitely a Victorinox!!

Now, can anybody identify the model that has this stitching across the top of the strap??

Would love to know the exact model here!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
It's tricky since Victorinox do appear to offer that strap on a different model the 241507 where as our Mr T seems to wear the 241564

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's a Victorinox 241564 „Infantry“ Quartz with the original strap of the Victorinox 241507 „Airboss“. As I just posted in another thread, I just ordered this strap to recreate Mr. Tucci's watch :giggle:

Watch Hand Analog watch Muscle Gesture

21 - 27 of 27 Posts